breaking up calories

Options
how does everyone break up the the calories they get through out the day i only get 1240 for the day need some new ideas . this is my first week

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I eat my smallest calories in the morning and at lunch so I can have a regular dinner with my family. I make sure I get my walk in and I do not eat snacks.
  • megan913508
    megan913508 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I tend to snack throughout the day. I eat something small every couple hours, the have a semi normal dinner with the family. I feel that it holds me over much better than having 3 meals.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I eat a small lunch, and save the majority of my calories for dinner. Meal timing won't affect your weight loss as long as you're still in a deficit at the end of the day. How you spread your calories out during the day is purely personal preference.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Whatever works for you is best for you.

On lifting days, I eat breakfast, pre-workout, post-workout, dinner, and dessert.

On non-lifting days, I eat breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Depends on when you're the hungriest. Myself, I'm not hungry in the morning, so I don't eat much then. I eat lunch, then an afternoon snack, then supper, then an evening snack. Spreading things out that way seems to work for me. You need to figure out when you're hungry, what foods make you feel the most satiated (many people feel most satiated with fats and proteins, but some feel most satiated with carbs) and eat those foods at the appropriate times for you.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I generally eat something small around 10 a.m. then break the rest up for lunch, dinner and snacks.