53.6lb weight loss

Options

Replies

• bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    Wow.. You are looking great . Your face has really changed too. Keep up all your great efforts
  • bettinacharles
    bettinacharles Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    look at you .. rocking it out like a boss... maybe you can try to shake things up with a new class or some different type of work out... I do Aqua Zumba.. it burns tons of calories and is so SOOOO much fun. Keep up the good work :0)
  • wateryphoenix
    wateryphoenix Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    For a second I read your height as your age for some reason. >_>

Anyways, you look younger now! On top of fantastic. :) As far as 'inspiring words of wisdom'? Hahaha, KEEP GOING! ^__^
  • ebonyroche
    ebonyroche Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Congrats!! You look amazing with a sparkle in your eyes!
  • fitjourney_kat
    fitjourney_kat Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Great Progress! You are doing wonderful! Such an inspiration!
  • bowermanbrittney
    bowermanbrittney Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Omg Thank you all sooooo much for you're kind words :-) best of luck mfp's !
  • bowermanbrittney
    Options
    look at you .. rocking it out like a boss... maybe you can try to shake things up with a new class or some different type of work out... I do Aqua Zumba.. it burns tons of calories and is so SOOOO much fun. Keep up the good work :0)

This is such a good idea thank you !...very helpful :-)
  • bowermanbrittney
    Options
    You look great, and awesome work so far. I know how you feel, it can be hard to maintain momentum for such a long stretch when we have so much to lose (I'm still only part way through my journey as well). What I've done, and what you could try, is just give yourself permission to maintain for a little while. Sit back and appreciate how far you've come. Continue to track accurately, and when you are ready, you can drop your calorie goals again and try to lose some more. It's good to take a little mental break from the constant pressure to lose weight sometimes. It's a marathon, not a sprint, so a plateau here and there is not really a problem. Just remember to remind yourself that YOU'VE LOST 53 POUNDS AND THAT IS AMAZING anytime you are feeling a bit frustrated or unmotivated. :smile:

Thank you so much ! I've considered all mfps advice an Ive decided to allow myself more calories a day as long as their healthy choiceschoices sometimes;). Because its hard to stop when i have changed my life style by adapting healthy habbits. I've also decided to workout everother week day instead of every day. Thank you for the helpful advice.
  • bowermanbrittney
    Options
    You look great, and awesome work so far. I know how you feel, it can be hard to maintain momentum for such a long stretch when we have so much to lose (I'm still only part way through my journey as well). What I've done, and what you could try, is just give yourself permission to maintain for a little while. Sit back and appreciate how far you've come. Continue to track accurately, and when you are ready, you can drop your calorie goals again and try to lose some more. It's good to take a little mental break from the constant pressure to lose weight sometimes. It's a marathon, not a sprint, so a plateau here and there is not really a problem. Just remember to remind yourself that YOU'VE LOST 53 POUNDS AND THAT IS AMAZING anytime you are feeling a bit frustrated or unmotivated. :smile:

Thank you so much ! I've considered all mfps advice an Ive decided to allow myself more calories a day as long as their healthy choiceschoices sometimes;). Because its hard to stop when i have changed my life style by adapting healthy habbits. I've also decided to workout everother week day instead of every day. Thank you for the helpful advice.

Sorry for cell phone spelling errors lol !!!
  • deescrafty
    deescrafty Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Why not try to maintain where you are now through the holiday madness, then start out the rest of your journey in the new year-- new year, new you! You'll feel even better when you can shop for size 8!
  • ErinCanRun
    ErinCanRun Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    @bowermanbrittney you have done an awesome job. It is hard to tell you are the same person in the photos.

I know you want to keep going NOW but I have something for you to consider. Please consider just maintaining for 6-12 months at the NEW YOU level and give your body a chance to readjust to your much lower weight. This will take some pressure off of you right now and soon you can make a new photo in front of the 2015 tree and another in front of the 2016 tree.

Our bodies can panic when we lose more than 10% of our body weight making it harder to continue to lose but you can google that if you want more details.

If you maintain your great loss at this point for 6-12 months then you should be able to do it for life when you get to 135. This is coming from an old man that has yo-yo'ed for years and knows how a large loss often is followed by even a larger gain just like in the stock market. Yo-yoing is a real health "killer" I have learned the hard way.

If my suggestion does not make sense then just ignore it please. It is exciting to see young people like you addressing eating life styles before you wreck your health as I did.
    deescrafty wrote: »
    Why not try to maintain where you are now through the holiday madness, then start out the rest of your journey in the new year-- new year, new you! You'll feel even better when you can shop for size 8!

This is excellent advice!

I was the exact same starting weight as you OP! And then took a break all summer and maintained 168-172. I had noticed that I was losing more hair brushing/in the shower than I normally had, and also got a cavity. I think i was deficient in some vitamins and stressing my body out too much with the quick loss. This summer was a great opportunity to maintain and keep myself in check. Now my hair is thicker again and I'm feeling motivated and ready to shed the last 25lbs! Enjoy your life, and try not to think of this as an end result, but rather a new lifestyle. :-). Focus on excericse right now and start falling inlove with something you can do long term. For me, I really increased my miles running and did some pretty fun races.

Feel free to friend request me if you'd like!
  • TracyV125
    TracyV125 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Great work! You look amazing! My advice to find some new motivation would be what worked for me....find a new exercise. I find being excited about exercise makes me want to do it and helps me want to keep eating healthy. At this time last year I was about 15-20 lbs from my goal. I searched for new places to go hiking with my son. New adventures and bonding time :)
  • Fitwarrior7_Round_2
    Fitwarrior7_Round_2 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Awesome work, you can definitely notice the difference in your face/neck. And your stomach seems to have shrunken considerably as well. Keep up the fight!
  • agreenid
    agreenid Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!
  • bowermanbrittney
    Options
    Yes Im loving the results...I have a neck lol :) although I'm still very self catious... I used to have a big mirror in my room an I took it down, I'm having a difficult time adjusting to the Physical apperance of "new me" because I've been heavy for soooo long. So Thank you for the nice comments !
  • writemusic4him
    writemusic4him Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Great job!
  • BrandyR410
    BrandyR410 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You look so much younger! Excellent job! You can do it!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,290 Member
    Options
    I realize you might be tired of watching your diet. I read a great article once ..a study..that stated that people have a limit on their will power. They suggested that people diet for three or six months at a time..then maintain for a few or three months.. until they feel motivated to lose some more.
    I like that line of thinking.. because at least you don't regain the wait.. you just maintain..and could continue with fitness.
  • 2bfit_2015
    2bfit_2015 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Great work! I too am almost same as u I started at 230 and now I am 167
    My goal is 125 :)
    Def going to add you as a friend hehe
  • leamalo
    leamalo Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful and an inspiration! I think there has been some great advice in this thread. You rock!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!