Raspberry Lemonade Slushy

Options
LauraSchaller
LauraSchaller Posts: 106 Member
Hi friends!

Over the past week, I've developed this HEALTHY relationship with Smoothies & Slushies!

Last week, I bought 2 containers of Raspberries at Krogers. They were $1 each - how could I pass that up? I've been wanting to use them in some sort of smoothie or slushy. Today was the PERFECT day!

Originally, this recipe called for:
*Lemon Juice
*Water
*SUGAR
*Raspberries
*Ice
**Disclaimer: I typically don't measure out things. Rachael Ray and I are cool like that. For the purpose of this, I'll share my measurements in the next list...**

I reached for my sugar jar and it was empty.. At first, I was disappointed, but KNEW that my pantry probably had an alternative. Sure enough, when I discovered a little container of Chrystal Light Lemonade - I knew I had found my answer!

So, I got out my blender and it went a little something like this:
*1 tub of Chrystal Light Lemonade
*3/4c Raspberries
*1 1/2 C of Water
*1TBSP Honey
*2 trays of Ice Cubes
After some blending, ice chomping, and more blending.. I had the final product. It's very sweet .. so you may need to add more water as desired.

Pour it in a wine glass, add a crazy looking straw, and enjoy! So refreshing.. and much more calorie-friendly than the original recipe!

Original Recipe - Nutrition Facts PER serving (4 1-cup servings)
Calories: 204
Fat: 0
Protein: 1
Fiber: 2
Sugar: 50

Modified Recipe - Nutrition Facts PER serving (4 1-cup servings)
Calories: 31
Fat: 0
Protein: 0
Fiber: 2
Sugar: 5

Saving myself 45 grams of sugar, and 173 calories is a great treat in my book :) Enjoy!

Replies