Daily-weight help

Options
Are these fluctuations normal??
Tues: 162.8
Wedns: 163.4
Thurs: 164.0

I have made a few changes to my diet and by looking at this I feel it's hurting more than helping.

Replies

• dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Yes
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Totally, utterly normal.

I weigh once a week to avoid having to see the fluctuations :)
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    1.2 pounds is well within normal fluctuation range.

Unless you ate an extra 4200 calories or so, that's almost certainly what's going on.
  • Katie_Y89
    Katie_Y89 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Okay, thank you!!
  • msujack
    msujack Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I put on 3lbs from eating more salt yesterday according to the scale. Its water weight and normal. The best way to gauge progress (IMHO) is to weigh daily at the same time/place and look at the weekly average. You look for a trend, not specific numbers.
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    If you are weighing daily I highly suggest Trendweight. https://trendweight.com

I don't use it myself as I'm a weekly gal but I know daily weighers who swear by it.
  • wkwebby
    wkwebby Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Did you have extra salt recently? Sodium/water retention could be as much as 3-5 lbs on some days and times of the month. 1-2 lbs are so in the normal range. You'd be better off getting on to a trending app and just looking at the trending weight rather than daily weight.
  • Katie_Y89
    Katie_Y89 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Any app suggestions?
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    I would recommend Libra if you have an Android phone. It does not have a Web version. Others may have recommendations for iOS, which I do not use.

I also use TrendWeight and highly recommend it. You have to enter data on the full Web version or have it linked to a Withings Wifi or Fitbit Aria scale. You can view the basic TrendWeight Dashboard on your mobile device's web browser, but you can't enter data from a mobile device.

Since TrendWeight is on the Web, I can take screen shots and then add annotations with my graphic tools such as the below.

sdk0tqsrezsq.jpg
  • dkpaulson58
    dkpaulson58 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Totally normal.....I'll fluctuate 2-3 lbs easily if I had too much salt or didn't drink enough water.
  • wkwebby
    wkwebby Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    If online is easy for you, weightgrapher.com is a great website. It can link to a few wifi scales and such. I'm not sure about apps. I actually go online and enter it in (first thing in the mornings before I've eaten, but after I've peed). Be consistent about when and what circumstances and you will get an accurate trendline. These things take out the daily fluctuations and smooth it all out for you.