I can't seem to give up the fizz...

Options
Diet soda owns me...

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Don't. I like the fizz too. How about trying club soda or Perrier water?
  • MiSo_SeXy
    MiSo_SeXy Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Hi jgnatca. I've tried club soda thingn but absolutely Hated the way it tasted. Now I'm back to diet coke.. Oh the struggle is real... Haha

• MiSo_SeXy
    edited October 2015
    Options
    You know what? I'm going to try it again..this time with some lemon and stevia... I'll let you know how it goes. Thank you!
  • RedLipsThinHips
    RedLipsThinHips Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm SO bad with diet sodas and low cal energy drinks. :s
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    I like club soda with fruit juice. Pomegranate juice and cherry juice are tasty and the flavor seems concentrated, so I only need a tablespoon or so per glass.
  • MiSo_SeXy
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Redlips you and me both girl
  • williamwj2014
    williamwj2014 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Have you tried to taper it rather than just giving it up cold turkey? Might be easier that way lol. I use to drink tons of soda but I stopped since it wasn't available in my house for a while and I guess I just stopped without much thought of going back to it. The only flavored thing I drink now is my pre workout, only water outside of that.
  • MiSo_SeXy
    Options
    Laur thats a really good idea. I'm just worried about sugar content. Omg... I'm sitting here trying to be cautious about sugar intake while whining about diet soda... -_-... I'm retarded
  • MiSo_SeXy
    Options
    I have access to an all i want to drink soda gun haha. I'm server and I'm just really weak... I guess I'll just have to let it go... Slowly as you say but still... Let it go lol
  • williamwj2014
    williamwj2014 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Oh lawd have mercy. I guess you gotta tell yourself to quit being such a baby and start chugging down that water huh? Best of luck overcoming your diet soda addiction though haha..
  • MiSo_SeXy
    Options
    Exactly William. I just gotta suck it up lol. H2o... Let's go.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    I don't really see the need to give up soda. Yes, there are potentially credible claims that even 0-calorie soda has some negative health effects... but I won't give up anything for a diet I won't give up for life, and you will pry diet cola out of my cold, dead hands. Everyone will have a few bad/less healthy habits, I figure this can be one of mine.
  • Brenda_Bel
    Brenda_Bel Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    How about giving up beer??? I am beginning to see that my hardest hurdle to over come is BEER!! lol. Having a a night of fun on the weekends....and I do mean an excess over two beers, lol, can really put your calorie intake overboard. Having 6 - 8 beers on a weekend night really messes up my whole weekend counting calories!
  • ekat120
    ekat120 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I tried and tried to quit. Club soda doesn't do it for me, but sparkling mineral water (e.g., San Pellegrino) has a nice bite that makes me forget all about soda. I still have a soda every once in a while, but I'm happy with the water 90% of the time. I can't believe how easy it's been. Who am I?!
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    BarneyRubbleMD Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    My dietitian recommended I dilute my diet soda with water starting out with just 10% water (90% diet soda) & keep working towards mixing in more water. I've found it easy to get to a 50/50 mixing (immediately with water) for my favorite diet sodas (Diet Mountain Dew, Diet Orange, Diet Grape--but don't like the colas) & now don't really care for the "full-strength" taste as the "fizz" sensation feels like it's burning my tongue. Eventually I'd like to get to the point of not having diet soda at all and just using a little of the "water enhancers" (i.e. Stevia Select, Honest H2O, etc.) to help me drink more water throughout the day.
  • Cocoa1020
    Cocoa1020 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    what about drinking those ICE drinks? 0 cals
  • MiSo_SeXy
    Options
    Thanks for all the feedback! I'm b going to try to ween of the diet until i can hopefully fully let it go
  • knowles1989
    knowles1989 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! I used to drink Diet Coke/Pepsi pretty much all day, I have cut down on it and replacing with fizzy flavoured water instead. Trying to limit myself to two glasses of Coke per day :smile:
  • knowles1989
    knowles1989 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I've also discovered pomegranate iced tea, a nice replacement and quite refreshing, shame it is so difficult to get hold of this particular brand in the UK :neutral:
  • SpleenThief
    SpleenThief Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    MiSo_SeXy wrote: »
    Diet soda owns me...

Me too. I've had a harder time on that than I did with cigarettes. Here are my thoughts on the matter.

Yes, I should quit because I cannot moderate. However, it's a massive goal for me and I'm just starting out. I'm going to rack up a few modest victories before I tackle the beast*

*Yes, that's a copout and a procrastination. No I don't care. I've got limits and I'm just not up for this yet.