30 pounds down -- when did THAT happen?

Options
Okay, I'm floating pretty high right now. I had a goal to lose 30 pounds before I left on a fabulous European adventure and today was my last weigh-in before leaving. I honestly didn't think I could make it, because I had to lose, like, 3 pounds in a week and there was clearly no way that was going to happen. And I was right. It didn't happen. I lost 3.6 pounds instead! I can't believe it. I've lost MORE THAN 30 POUNDS in LESS THAN 4 MONTHS. And I'm skinnier than I have ever been in my adult life. That is crazy. When did it happen? Seriously, I feel like I haven't even been on this site for that long. It's still new. I just got started; how can I be more than halfway done?

I used to always think about losing weight in terms of how long it would take. "Oh, well, if I started dieting today, it would be, like, a year before I even managed to reach the weight I want. That's so long. I know I won't stick with it for that long, so why bother suffering today when I know I'm just going to fail and end up right back where I was anyway. It's pointless." And so I would just keep doing what I was doing and gain just a little bit of weight every once in a while, and then a little bit more and a little bit more until all of a sudden I was pushing 200 pounds (that's still hard to admit) and feeling helpless and like I just didn't know what to do to make it right.

Enter MFP. All of a sudden I had a plan that involved short-term goals like "stay under your calories for one day," and "work out three times this week," instead of a long term goal of "be a magically different person for a year and reach your final end goal, which will obviously never happen because you're a fatty and always will be." Plus I had the insanely wonderful support of all the great people on this site who believed in me and pointed out how great I was doing when I let myself slid back into that "there's no way you can stick with this until the end so why bother" way of thinking. Thank you, guys. You know how much you mean to me. In fact, my first thought when I saw the scale this morning was, "I've got to tell my MFP buddies!"

Now, as I've reached two major goals in one fell swoop (losing 30 pounds before my trip and getting half way through my weight loss) I feel a posting of my other major accomplishments thus far is in order. They are as follows:

-- Dropping down from a size 16-pushing-18 to a size 14-pushing-12
-- Actually wearing SHORTS in the SUMMER TIME
-- Actually buying DRESSES that could in no way be termed as "moo-moo's"
-- Looking at shirts while shopping and thinking, "I might need a medium in this."
-- Running a 5K in 36 minutes!
-- Training for a 10K and assuming that "of course I'll be able to do it."
-- Dropping down from "obese" to "overweight" on that little scale thing
-- Not thinking that people are patronizing me or being sarcastic when they comment on how good I look
-- Being able to shop in "skinny people" stores
-- Not using food as a way to cheer myself up
-- Being able to think "I have 26 pounds to lose" instead of "I have 57 pounds to lose."
-- Not feeling like I'm being silly when I let myself believe that I might actually reach my goal weight

There are more. But I'll save them for the next 30 pounds -- when I'll be at my goal weight! Thanks MFPers! I couldn't have done it without you!

Replies

• kretakano
    kretakano Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    congratulations!!! i hope you are treating yourself with lots of new skinny people clothes for the summer ;-)
  • katythemommy
    katythemommy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What an amazing accomplishment! Enjoy your vacation!
  • raavyn
    raavyn Posts: 8
    Options
    Good job! And I love your ticker! lol
  • tomorrowisnotpromised
    tomorrowisnotpromised Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Congratulations!
  • teelt13
    teelt13 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! Enjoy your vacation!
  • hnjohnson007
    Options
    congratulations!! you have given me hope! my goal is to lose 30 pounds by Christmas, maybe it's not such an outlandish goal to think I can reach that earlier! Thanks for the encouragement!
  • dandydalek
    dandydalek Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    congratulations!! you have given me hope! my goal is to lose 30 pounds by Christmas, maybe it's not such an outlandish goal to think I can reach that earlier! Thanks for the encouragement!

Good luck! I know you can do it.
  • BJC78
    BJC78 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Congratulations ! What a great accomplishment! And thank you for making mr smile 1 st thing today while im barely being able to move from 2 days of 30 day shred and wondering how im going to be able to pull it off today! I will do this....just as you have stuck through and accomplished your goals :) congrats! Have a wonderful vacation!!!!
  • rubyrenga
    rubyrenga Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    That's really great! Have a wonderful time.
  • beesareyellow
    beesareyellow Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way about my MFP friends, their support has helped me in so many ways. I am glad you are one of them :)
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your trip, the shorts-wearing, all of it. :):)

Glad you found a program that works for you!!!
  • Munchiemooka
    Munchiemooka Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    You have done an amazing job, you set your goal and stuck to it....... Its lovely and sunny here in London and I will ask the sun to keep shining espically for your visit :o)
  • dandydalek
    dandydalek Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    You have done an amazing job, you set your goal and stuck to it....... Its lovely and sunny here in London and I will ask the sun to keep shining espically for your visit :o)

lol, thanks Munchie.
  • Mrs_TrimWaistFatWallet
    Options
    Wow what a great way to start your vacation! Keep your goals in check though while you're away!
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Congratulation on your loss Dandydalek
  • PuddleRat
    PuddleRat Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm so excited for you!!
  • campoje
    campoje Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Woah, man. I hadn't been on the site in a few weeks (yeah... well). And suddenly you're at 30 lbs down! I'm totally in awe of you. Keep up the good work!