hi! just joined today, looking for advice regarding workout!

Options
Hey everyone,
I'm 21, 1.46m tall and weigh 46kg - I want to get that down to 37kg as it's where I feel the most comfortable with my body. My workout is not really routine - I switch it up a lot and I find it's working for me so far, so I just want some tips regarding what else I could do to intensify it further. I do full body workouts, 3 times a week (1-1.5hours) at the gym.

My main goal is to lose fat (to me this is more important than losing the weight) any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• andrewsimm952
    andrewsimm952 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've found running works best for me. It's helped me to lose weight, tone and feel fitter, much better than the gym ever did :)
  • TheLondonFella
    TheLondonFella Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I agree with Andrew ... running is superb.

However, Bodybuilding.com has countless free workout programs, from many different trainers, and they are all free.

I'm currently doing "Jim Stoppani's 12 Week Shortcut To Size" program, which is great.

You get lots of free material, and there's a big community should you wish to "get involved".

Like I said, it's completely free so definitely worth checking out.

Good luck, and take care :)
  • LoveIshie
    LoveIshie Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hello monimomop! I use to be a personal trainer. While full body workout is good, but it may not be targeting the specific area of concerns. To add to the already excellent suggestions above, It's important to incorporate individual body part workout. Maybe workout your chest and biceps one day and another day do legs and abs etc. This helps to target specific areas of your body better and more efficient. As suggested above, running and Bodybuilding.com is a good source for workout. However, be careful, because most of those workout on bodybuilding.com are quite advance. If you don't know or learn the proper technique/form to do those weight lifting exercises, you can hurt yourself. Proper technique is essential here. Also pay attention to the numbers of sets and reps. If you are not use to lifting weight a lot, I will caution to take it slow such as sticking to 3-sets/8-10 reps routine instead of 5-6 sets/15-20 reps routine. Not saying you can't get there, but work your way up there slowly or you will get burnt out as quickly as you started. There are also website available for using your body weight to build muscles as well. All of this can be found online if you Google it :). If you have any more questions, feel free to send me a message in my inbox. If you post here, I may miss it. I wish you the best in your quest.
  • try_harderG
    try_harderG Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    The tempo of your workouts could be a good thing to look at?