C-Section

Options
I have 3 children all via c section. The "pouch" (I guess you could call it) I have has never seem to go away. I had been told by my last OB the only to be rid of it is by a tummy tuck. I've never even considered that option and I don't want to. It's gone down in size but is still there...my question is are there any ladies who have the same issue? Or have somehow gotten their flat tummy's back?? I would like to know how :/

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I still have a little pouch on my lower abdomen. I think it's partially from being so obese and partially from pregnancy/c-sections. The thing with mine is that I can tell there is still some fat in it. I will probably always have the loose skin, but right now it's definitely too thick to be considered just loose skin. That said you can't tell when I'm dressed. The only time it's noticeable is if I'm wearing my bikini or I'm naked. It used to be visible if I wore form fitting outfits, but not anymore.

edit: I've had 2 c-sections. Worst case scenario is that in a few years I'm still not happy and end up getting a tummy tuck. I've already started saving just in case. Either I will have the majority of the money to fund the surgery or I will have enough to take the family on a nice vacation.

Here's a pic from early august in my bikini:
    ymktzjnn9nrm.jpg

• mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    with 3 c/s, even if you are at or below ideal weight you may still have a "pooch". I have one (2 c/s) but am still overweight.
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of it is just stretched skin from being pregnant.
  • LegalMom0928
    LegalMom0928 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    It is super common after c-sections. A lot of is has to do with the fact that they have to cut through the abdominal wall as well as all of the muscle there. Often times, a tummy tuck is the only way to get rid of it and they do that by pulling the abdominal muscles back together and then removing the extra skin. You are definitely not alone!

But, there are things that can help. Obviously weight loss, if you are overweight. Abdominal exercises like sit ups, crunches, etc. can help tighten things up. And sometimes even just a really good lotion can help make things a little smoother.
  • hekla90
    hekla90 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Your ob is probably. They cut through your abdominal wall creating a pretty deep scar for fat and skin to hang over. If you have extra weight that will definitely contribute to it as well.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I've heard this from other moms. I've had a c section and I have a little pouch but I think that's just from being pregnant, not from the c section.
    pmha7yttfpt9.jpg
    Is what everyone is talking about the little bump on my lower abdomen?
  • shadow2soul
    edited October 2015
    Options
    @Asher_Ethan - For me it's more than just a bump (although that could be because I have loose skin as well).
    edit: will post pics in a second...my phone is being slow.

Edit #2: Mine hangs over the actual scar and was at one time much worse, but I think it's partially from being so d%#! fat. :laugh:
    So here's a close up of mine -
    6gsedm1c98nh.jpg
    z6f6u4xutfxs.jpg
  • Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    I have 3 children all via c section. The "pouch" (I guess you could call it) I have has never seem to go away. I had been told by my last OB the only to be rid of it is by a tummy tuck. I've never even considered that option and I don't want to. It's gone down in size but is still there...my question is are there any ladies who have the same issue? Or have somehow gotten their flat tummy's back?? I would like to know how :/

Yeah, had one child, by C-section, and one was enough. It gets pretty small when I hit about 110 pounds or so. That's getting toward the low end of my healthy weight, so I don't expect it's ever going to vanish without plastic surgery, but it wasn't too bad at it's best. Ain't nobody perfect, and I know I ain't got the time or money to try to be.

When I see photos of other people's it makes it easier to accept mine isn't this all-encompassing, giant monster I think it is, even now. Thanks for who put up photos, it's just a little skin and a bump. I'm embarrassed at how much power I've let it have in my life. No more!
  • mkakids
    Options
    I've heard this from other moms. I've had a c section and I have a little pouch but I think that's just from being pregnant, not from the c section.
    pmha7yttfpt9.jpg
    Is what everyone is talking about the little bump on my lower abdomen?

Its an actualy flap of skin that hangs over the scar (like an envelope flap, lol).

I didnt have one after my first c/s with baby #1, but by the time I got to baby #4 and my 2nd c/s I definitely have one.
  • mkakids
    Options
    @Asher_Ethan - For me it's more than just a bump (although that could be because I have loose skin as well).

Edit #2: Mine hangs over the actual scar and was at one time much worse, but I think it's partially from being so d%#! fat. :laugh:
    6gsedm1c98nh.jpg
    z6f6u4xutfxs.jpg

Thats what I look like too, though I have a bigger flap (hoping it looks like yours when im done losing weight).
  • shadow2soul
    edited October 2015
    Options
    mkakids wrote: »

6gsedm1c98nh.jpg
    z6f6u4xutfxs.jpg

Thats what I look like too, though I have a bigger flap (hoping it looks like yours when im done losing weight).

It was worse. Here's just the progression from the last year:
    gr0e5gjk1yrh.jpg

I actually reduced my goal weight to see if I could get it to shrink some more.
  • Bex_hostie
    Bex_hostie Posts: 52 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I think you just have to remember why it is there, because you had a lovely baby. If I were to see you on a beach - I wouldn't think oh that lady has a pouch or loose skin or however you choose to describe it, I'd think oh that lady had a c-section & is really brave. You have to do what makes you happy, I don't think you need to be thinking about tummy tucks, you look fab in your bikini photo!!!! That little scar is because you had a child it's no reflection on you or your weight. Try and just accept it as part of you, if you can: much love xx
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Mine were both C-section, 7 years apart and yes it went away.....until I gained weight again. Part of it is age, genetics and how much loose skin is there.
  • Creiddylad1
    Creiddylad1 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Had two c section, one planned and one emergency c-section ( the most scary 13 minutes of my life), and the recovery and how my body reacted to both of them was so different ( they where 6 years apart). And no matter hope much a work out it ( the pouch above my scars ) will remain. Hubby does not mind but it still bothers me.
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    I had a c-section but I don't have a pouch or anything. My stomach is the same as it was before pregnancy, but I think that's due to me only gaining 25 lbs and I was active the entire pregnancy up until I had to stop biking at 6 months because I had SPD. My pelvis would hurt when walking and biking, so I started waddling a little to compensate.

That said, don't be embarassed! It is part of who you are :)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    2 sections, very small pouch that gets hidden by my knickers ...I could drop a little more fat but tbh I'm so overall happy with my body that I really don't care about it