30-something moms

Options
I am mom of 3 who has decided it's time to stop making excuses and FINALLY get this "mommy body" back into shape. I am new to MFP and would love to make connections for support. Who's in??!?

Replies

• enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I'm a 37 year old mom with 2 and 4 year old boys. Most of my friends on here are other mommy's. You are welcome to add me, but I should tell you I will be on vacation next week eating all the food, and I've been slowly gaining weight due to a running injury and love for beer. Before that I'd lost 35lbs. I have another 45 lbs to go. (gained 12 back since injury)

Not exactly selling it, am I? LOL

• steelmagnolia35
    steelmagnolia35 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Lol, no problem! Unfortunately life is not always easy. Just don't give up, you have come so far! Enjoy your vacation!

• BlendaBrenda
    BlendaBrenda Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You can add me.
    3 kids, still nursing one.
    I have another 25-30 to lose.
    My diary is open, and I've been logging daily.
  • Bbeliever215
    Bbeliever215 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'm 35 and a mom of 2 and still nursing. Feel free to add me! I felt the same as you op and just decided that no matter what, I was going to make time for myself which means sensible eating and carving out workouts (idc if it's early morning or later night). I try to go 6 days a week.
  • steelmagnolia35
    Options
    I'm 35 and a mom of 2 and still nursing. Feel free to add me! I felt the same as you op and just decided that no matter what, I was going to make time for myself which means sensible eating and carving out workouts (idc if it's early morning or later night). I try to go 6 days a week.
    Good for you!! I know as moms, sometimes we feel like our needs have to take a backseat. I have come to the realization that if I take care of myself and my needs, I can do a better job taking care of my family. It's a win-win! :)

• ydyms
    ydyms Posts: 266 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I have six month old twins. No time for anything including exercise! But I'm about 5 lbs away from goal weight.
  • steelmagnolia35
    Options
    ydyms wrote: »
    I have six month old twins. No time for anything including exercise! But I'm about 5 lbs away from goal weight.

I am sure running after two little ones will help with those last 5 lbs!! Enjoy this time, they grow up so fast!
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    39 - 1 daughter - been almost a year since I decided to take the step you are taking now! I seriously started on the last week of November 2014.

And it's so much better to be able to actively play with the little one (who is not so little - 4 y.o) without puffing and being too sluggish to move.

Good luck!!!
  • downa100
    downa100 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'm a 34 year old mom of three would like any support and friendship to keep me motivated.
  • JoLynn1182
    JoLynn1182 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am 32 and a mom of a 7 year old son and 2 year old boy/girl twins, my body has been through a lot but I made my goal, I have lost 40 lbs over the past year and in the best shape of my life. Though I have reached my goal weight, I still don't love my body, all that loss has given me an imperfect lower tummy that's carried twins and made some things looser, I really want to tighten and tone up but I am proud of how far I've come.
  • pdreamz25
    pdreamz25 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Am 37 2 kids 143 lbs gw 110
  • tallmamaoftwo
    tallmamaoftwo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 39 years old, I have a 8 year old daughter and 6 year old son. I have some health issues and need to lose weight to avoid life long issues - really high motivator to stay on track. I have been logging daily and my diary is open. Feel free to add me :)
  • carlypi314
    carlypi314 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am 31 year old mother of 3 (ages 8, 6, 3). I have lost 16 lbs so far and am just a couple away from my goal weight. I log everyday, but since the school year started (we homeschool) I've been having trouble finding the energy to get my workouts done. Anyone can feel free to add me.
  • gracenessence
    gracenessence Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm a 37yo mom of 3, ages 4, 2, and 9 months. Would love to connect with you all, please add me! We need all the support we can get
  • joone_9
    joone_9 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hey there. I'm 33 busy working mother of three, 8,6 and 2. I have been at battling losing weight since about 1 1/2 years ago with many ups (lost 80plus lbs) and downs (just had recent gain of 20) but always doing my best to never give up its great having all the support we can get. I've sent u a friend request:)
  • ltprofessional
    ltprofessional Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies.I am 32 an a mother of 2 boys, 12 and 7. I have once again started the battle with weight loss. I have tried before and actually lost 15lbs, but then fell of the weight loss train. So 2 years later I've decided to really buckle down and lose these pounds. I am pretty busy being a mommy and a full time student. However, I'm determined! Looking back at my last weight loss journey I realized I was battling it on my own. So I figured maybe if I find some experienced support that knows my pain, I might find motivation on those days when I don't have any. So here I am :) We can do it, and continue to do it!!! ;)
  • strongjess1980
    strongjess1980 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi! You can add me! I'm a 35 year old, mom of 2 boys (4&2) and a Chocolatier!! Lol. There are a lot of temptations in my way, but I've overcome them. I just lost nearly 50lbs, with only 12 left. It can be done!
  • chami1013
    chami1013 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am mom of 3 who has decided it's time to stop making excuses and FINALLY get this "mommy body" back into shape. I am new to MFP and would love to make connections for support. Who's in??!?

I am 7 months into my weight loss journey and have lost 55 lbs and down 2 dress sizes! Would love to become friends and help through your journey!
  • Babybump2013
    Babybump2013 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    hi there,
    you can add me if you like. i have two children with the youngest being 5months. im still exclusively breastfeeding and have another two stone to loose (in an ideal world) - one more would be good! :) i really want to get tummy sorted out and arms toned. focusing on pilates!
  • steelmagnolia35
    Options
    Thank you ladies for all of your invites!! If I happened to miss adding any of you please send me a friend request. The more support the better! :)