Never give up

Options
Hi guys , I have had many failed attempts (every attempt taught me something though)in the past to get to where I want to be in terms of weight, body fat and muscles. So here I am hoping to achieve my goal this time . I am currently at 188lb down from 200 lb courtesy of failed attempts in the past. I have been going to gym on n off for few years and have a solid musle base (atleast I think so), biceps measure at 16.5 n I look good in clothes (again I believe so) . My main concern (probably many other will share) is the fat around waist n abdominal , don't have much anywhere else.
I just want this fat to get down to a level where I can see my abs n that's about it :):) oh! I would like to retain my strength as well or gain some if possible :)
Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated n will be passed on to someone in need . I am hoping to reach my goal in 3 months time as I ONLY want to loose 20lb of fat .
Currently m doing IF and RPT style workout 3 days a week , any suggestions will be helpful.
Thnx

Replies

• zkhanman
    zkhanman Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, I store fat around my mid section and pretty much no where else. Unfortunately you can't "spot treat" fat. The only way to get rid of it is to eat at a calorie deficit until it's gone. Good luck!
  • rajanveer
    rajanveer Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thnx man, u can 'sport treat ' fat ..Liposuction☺
    But it sucks though. I have never been a big fan of calorie counting probably thats the trick I was missing, counting them now will find out 2mrw if it works..
  • Thedoors754
    Thedoors754 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    eat normal for one day and track the calories ... just to give yourself a baseline of where you are at with what you eat and what you burn and make your plan from there.
  • rajanveer
    Options
    Thnx 4 the advice, yeah I have been counting calories for last week n today was my first weekly weigh in n I have lost 2.2 lb
  • rajanveer
    Options
    .....Which is more than what I was aiming for , so will have couple of extra shots of whisky tonight
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I'd like to hear what you've learnt from past mistakes and failures. If you do not make adjustments and gain insights you are bound to fail again.

You may not like my the discussion that follows but i recommend you read my post on the fundamentals of successful long term weightloss that can be in found either in my blog or in the getting started forum. If you can take on board what i say and try to flessh out the details of what i say there with further research, questions to me and considerable reflection you may find you won't fail this time.

I had numerous ultimate failures in my past but i aint ever going to be fat again and that's a promise. That said, i was usually able to get to goal. Its just staying there that was the problem before. Now i'm staying there. And its from learning from past mistakes and building on what i have learnt that is making the difference.
  • rajanveer
    Options
    Hi patttience, thnx for ur post . I learnt a lot from my past mistakes but main things I have learnt which I was gonna put here but decided to put under getting started with title '10 things I learnt form my past mistakes ' so others can see.if u get a chance have a look n let me know Wat u think please.

I read ur post in getting started as well and find it very informative so thnx for that only couple of things I would politely disagree

first using nuts as source of healthy fat as there r better option out there which r less calorie dense such as salmon .

second I advocate high use of protein as u burn 20-25% calories digesting it whereas for carbs n fat it's only 4-7% and it helps u maintain ur muscle as u said.
    Thnx again for ur post.