Calories used during exercise

Options
Could someone tell me, if I burn 1000 calories during exercise, is it best to consume an extra 1000 calories?

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    If you are truly burning 1000 calories, yes, you should replenish those calories.

The debate would be whether you're actually burning that many or if it's overinflated. To burn 1000 calories for me, personally, requires nearly 3 hours of low-grade hiking.

If you're using MFP's estimates, eat about half of those calories since MFP overinflates.
  • Charliegottheruns
    Charliegottheruns Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    YES !
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    That's the general idea, assuming that you have an accurate estimate of your calories burned.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/818082/exercise-calories-again-wtf
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    Don't forget that accuracy in calorie consumption is also required! If you aren't weighing everything, chances are you are consuming more than you think.

Covering for errors in capturing exercise calories and intake calories are the main reason many do not consume all their exercise calories.
  • Rick2903
    Rick2903 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for your response
  • trisnic
    trisnic Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    If you want to lose weight: eat less than you burn
    If you want to gain weight:eat more than burned
    If you want to get fit: make your calorie high in fat and low sugar combined with plentiful protein intake. This may or may not mean eating more/less than burned.