Stress - My God Stress

Options
I've recently had several high cost 'emergencies' drop into my lap that will require more money then I have to spend.

Usually when I'm this stressed out I eat. I guess this time around my reaction will be to cower in a corner until it all goes away. HAHA.

Anyway, I hope I make it through this pretty hellish week without a binge. I've finally sorted my eating habits out, the last thing I need is a setback. GR. :grumble:

What do you guys do to combat stressful situations? How do you replace the comfort you find in food?

Replies

• nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I've recently had several high cost 'emergencies' drop into my lap that will require more money then I have to spend.

Usually when I'm this stressed out I eat. I guess this time around my reaction will be to cower in a corner until it all goes away. HAHA.

Anyway, I hope I make it through this pretty hellish week without a binge. I've finally sorted my eating habits out, the last thing I need is a setback. GR. :grumble:

What do you guys do to combat stressful situations? How do you replace the comfort you find in food?
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options

I have learned to clean when stressed out. exercising works too. go for a long walk if it isn't too cold outside.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Or, you could try a good long workout... that usually at the VERY least takes the edge off!

Stress has a hand in helping you gain weight, so paired with binge eating, it's pretty formidable. Avoid binging at all costs. You can't stop stress from coming into your life, but you can manage the dreaded binge.

Some other ideas to cope rather than munch:
    munch something low cal
    prayer
    meditation
    a long hot bath
    a massage

Just some ideas.
  • ginaoakes
    Options
    Sorry to hear you are having such a stressful time.

I exercise, exercise, exercise if I have stress. It really helps to get all of that built up energy out.

Have a GREAT workout :happy:
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I pray to God for relief and help and the God of my understanding always comes thru. I believe God has not brought me this far to drop me now
  • bonitachic121b
    Options
    First: toss all food you don't want in you body, and only purchase what you want you diet to be

Second: try to cope differently.

Ex. Instead of dwelling on the issues, get a girlfriend (or guy) to go running with you, if nothing else on a stroll. Just moving will make you feel better, but also having a companion to let you vent is relieving. I recommend getting out of the house to avoid your temptation.

Finally: If you must indulge, I highly recommend low cal/low fat/ fudge sickles. Be careful to limit yourself.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

Excuse me, this corner is occupied-- find your own corner! LOL

Seriously-- there is comfort in being a member here-- knowing you can conquer this eating no matter what life throws at you-- it's awesome--

Hang in there!!
  • nickybr38
    Options
    Thanks everyone. All the ideas are great. :) I'm going to try them out. EVERY SINGLE ONE. The more stress busters I use the more chance I'll overcome this little hurtle.

:smile:
    You guys are great.
  • nickybr38
    Options
    Excuse me, this corner is occupied-- find your own corner! LOL

Seriously-- there is comfort in being a member here-- knowing you can conquer this eating no matter what life throws at you-- it's awesome--

Hang in there!!

We could always share the same corner and sneak in cuddles while we're cowering? HAHAHAHA
  • Marla64
    Options
    :smile: :wink: :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Nicky I am so sorry you are having troubles this week.

I always have crunchy celery and carrots around so when I dive for the fridge, that is the 1st thing I see!!

:flowerforyou:
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    A nice hot bath, a good book, and nice smelling candles. Lock the door, turn of the phone, turn off the tv, and just relax.

Or you could just come here!:flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Options
    A nice hot bath, a good book, and nice smelling candles. Lock the door, turn of the phone, turn off the tv, and just relax.

Or you could just come here!:flowerforyou:

Hey, watch it-- she's sharing my corner, buster-- LOL:flowerforyou:
  • gottaluvboyz
    gottaluvboyz Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you are going through a rough time...lots of (((hugs))) and prayers. It sounds like everyone has given you some great advice!