Getting nowhere

Options
Dont feel like i am getting any where i lose and gain the same 10 lbs. I was 30 lbs lighter then i sm right now and everything got turned around work kids stress and injuries. Now a start to get back on the wagon and something always derails me. Thanks for letting me vent hopefully it helps get me back in the right frame of mind.

Replies

• Loganmmontgomery
    Loganmmontgomery Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You got this! I've had the same things happen. I used to be 165 now I'm 183 in the blink of an eye. We just gotta keep going and fight for what we want (:
  • Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    You're getting somewhere. You're learning what derails you and how annoying it is to go up and down that 10 pounds (I know the feeling!). Now you have the problem and consequences defined, just figure out how to not get derailed. (Easier said than done sometimes, I know!)
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    Suck it up buttercup! :smile:
    But seriously... get yourself up and get going again. You can have results or you can have excuses but you can't have both. And it's perfectly OK to fall off track and it's ok to vent... just don't live there!
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Suck it up buttercup! :smile:
    But seriously... get yourself up and get going again. You can have results or you can have excuses but you can't have both. And it's perfectly OK to fall off track and it's ok to vent... just don't live there!

Ditto!
  • KAWittler1970
    KAWittler1970 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thanks i know that just stuggling to do what i know i have to. I can do the excersize part but can keep the food part under control.
  • holly_roman
    holly_roman Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! Wade through what is stopping you and get back on that horse. No one said it would be easy. If you fall down, have the determination to get back up. You can do it!
  • KAWittler1970
    Options
    Thanks i am trying
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Thanks i know that just stuggling to do what i know i have to. I can do the excersize part but can keep the food part under control.
    Hang in there as we've all been there or wouldn't be here. You need to do the food part, so it's time to take some stock in whether you want to be overweight or not. Because it only gets worse and by the age of 50 the pounds just fly on. You might as well develop some good habits now, and do what you know needs to be done. :).
  • KAWittler1970
    Options
    Thanks i took all of you guys advise i am sucking it up and not feeling sorry for myself. Started fresh with weighing in and eating today (10/1). Figured the first day of a new month things will start turning around.
  • jackijackijoyjoy
    jackijackijoyjoy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Flood your brain with positive resources... read health magazines, explore MFP website, you tube different exercises and workouts... I know it helps me keep the momentum going--especially when i think i'm starving.
  • KAWittler1970
    Options
    Thanks i will and have been. I just need to find a gym partner i think i would do better if i had someone to be accountable.
  • KAWittler1970
    Options
    Anytime any of u want to be the "tough guy or gal" and tell me to get off my pity potty send a friend request.
  • 2307dee
    2307dee Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I think we have all been through dark times when we think we can't do this, or that it's all too hard. Just take things day by day and really stay focused. We all have times when we fall off the wagon, but it takes inner strength to climb back on. You can do it, and it may take one or two years but you CAN achieve your goals. The thing is, only YOU can do it xx