grazing at work

Options
Hi!! I work in a deli and there is almost always samples sitting on the counter, from donuts and cookies to boursin cheese and bread. Any tips to avoid grazing on shifts where I run out of time to take a break and eat my own healthy meal??? It's easy for me to go a whole week eating healthy and tracking calories but when i work that weekend I sometimes binge on bits of food that dont make the cut to be sold. My brain justifies it as, well its gonna get thrown out anyway! I cant chew gum while working. I am thinking about having a small container of pre portioned dry food I could have nearby for the shift?? Maybe grapes or roasted chickpeas? Any good low cal snack foods/recipes?

Replies

• aspdenbrae
    aspdenbrae Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    This work's for me when I see snacks out, tempting me, looking at me, being ignored and delicious on the plate.... anyway.

I imagine a cow "grazing" through a field and that just kills it for me lol.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    Options
    I think abiding by health and safety regs would put me off grazing while working in a deli. All that hand washing or changing gloves every time I ate something would drive me crazy.

Cheers, h.
  • pootle1972
    pootle1972 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Just tell yourself that the last person to touch the tray didn't wash after visiting the bathroom......