1 month in & not going well!

Options
hi!
I started this a month ago and have been keeping under the calorie goals & doing lots of exercise but I seem to have gained nearly a stone! I don't know why!
Anyone has any help or advice, this is massively upsetting!
Lx

Replies

• martian_marmite
    martian_marmite Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Do you use digital kitchen and bathroom scales and weigh all your food and drink? And what is your daily calorie goal? :)
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    I would say you need new battery scales or new scales. That or make sure you scales are on a stable floor surface.

Make sure your profile is set for weight loss not maintenance or weight gain so as you to ensure you are eating the correct allowance.

Do you weigh and measure all your foods? Do you track everything you eat and drink?

• Crochet180
    Crochet180 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing your food? Are you tracking EVERYTHING? When was the last time you checked that your bathroom scales were accurate? A stone in a month is an awful lot to be gaining unless you have an underlying medical condition so if you're doing everything else right see your GP.
  • Steve4239
    Steve4239 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    don't give up!

i don't know how you could have gained a stone

1.what is your calorie goal
    2.do you weigh your food with a scale
    3.do you log ever piece of food and drink every day

if your goal is too high then you will put on weight. you need to eat less then your body burns.
  • locks11
    locks11 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    yeah I weigh everything or try to at least and use the scanner.
    I joined a gym at the same time with a personal trainer who focused on weights and I cycle everywhere too!
    my calorie intake is set to 1370 but I always eat under :/
    I'm not sure how to check the scales, they're digital though.
  • Steve4239
    Steve4239 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    if you want to loose weight you would be better focusing on cardio for now
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Up the cardio, continue weighing out all your portions and eating at your deficit. Reassess in a few weeks.

You will not gain weight whilst eating at a deficit - so if you continue to see gains despite weighing all of your food and upping your cardio, I'd suggest a doctors visit. Good luck :)