Aussie living.. Needing motivation..

Options
KiraKray
KiraKray Posts: 20 Member
edited October 2015 in Introduce Yourself
25 year old youth worker..
Australian..

Was steadily losing weight before I moved in with my boyfriend.. and then I got comfortable.. we both did.. and now the weight is creeping back on...

It's almost summer so I need people around me to motivate me..
I will motivate you hopefully just as much..

Replies

• PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I think many of us can relate :]

When I 'got comfortable' with my boyfriend, I gained around 30 lbs. Totally normal and I enjoyed every second of it - don't beat yourself up over it. You're human!

Good to see you wanting to get back on track. I hope MFP is useful for you. Best of luck!
  • martian_marmite
    martian_marmite Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started MFP a week ago and have lost 5lbs. My advice is set an aggressive goal which will give fast results and thus immediate motivation. Buy digital kitchen and bathroom scales and weigh all food and drink.
  • firebloom
    firebloom Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I can definitely relate to that. Most of my weight was gained in a prior relationship after we moved in together. I was already a little overweight before that but then I gained a further 18kg. I've now lost 29kg and I'm at the top of the healthy range so I'm towards the end of my journey but if you want to add me for support/motivation go for it :smile: I'm also 25 and working in community services while studying social work.

Also, it's worth taking a look on meetup.com to see if there are any weight loss or fitness related groups near you. I'm in Melbourne and I found a great weight loss group on there. We all meet up for fitness and nutrition related events and support each other in person. It's been super helpful.