Brown Rice!

Options
queenbree13
queenbree13 Posts: 89 Member
I've never made it, but I've heard it's great. Anyone have easy recipes, and obviously low calorie please!! :D

Replies

• vhullum
    vhullum Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I tend to cook it with a lie fat chicken broth for more flavor
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    I've never made it, but I've heard it's great.

You heard wrong

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    ^ this lol plus brown rice has more arsenic in it. See here: http://www.fda.gov/Food/FoodborneIllnessContaminants/Metals/ucm319870.htm
  • chatnel
    chatnel Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Quinoa? much better nutritionally. Although brown rice is low GI than white
  • StellaRose227
    StellaRose227 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    We prefer brown rice to white rice.
  • KellieTru
    KellieTru Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I really like long grain brown rice...it has a nice chew and a great nutty taste. It was a bit of a learning process for me to prepare it properly...I get the best results pressure cooking it.
  • ariffianti
    ariffianti Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have mix it with few different kind of legumes ( mung bean, black bean, kidney bean & soy ) or any that you prefer, , soak them for couple of hour , then cook just like white rice ( I use rice cooker )
  • magtart
    magtart Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Brown Rice Casserole

1 T. olive oil
    1 large onion, chopped
    1 c. brown rice
    2 ½ c. ff chicken broth
    1 t. salt
    ¼ t. pepper
    dash cinnamon

heat olive oil in large skillet. Saute onion in oil till golden. Add rice, and saute until onion begins to brown. Add chicken broth and seasonings, bring to a boil. Transfer to casserole dish, and cover and bake at 350 degrees for one hour or until all liquid is absorbed.

This is a little sweet from the cooked onions, and it has a bit of a creamy texture from the rice