I'm new!!

Options
Hey everyone I'm 24 soon to be 25 in a little over two weeks. I've struggled with my weight pretty much my whole life, I'm not "big" persay, im just not as skinny as i would like to be or healthy for that matter, so hopefully this will work for me! I would like to lose about 30lbs by the summertime (i'll be happy with just 15 to be quite honest!) I've started many diets but found them to be ridiculous for me to follow with my busy schedule!!!If anyone has any suggestions or advice to help me stay on my track i would greatly appreciate it!!!

Replies

• Stephanie84
    Options
    Hey everyone I'm 24 soon to be 25 in a little over two weeks. I've struggled with my weight pretty much my whole life, I'm not "big" persay, im just not as skinny as i would like to be or healthy for that matter, so hopefully this will work for me! I would like to lose about 30lbs by the summertime (i'll be happy with just 15 to be quite honest!) I've started many diets but found them to be ridiculous for me to follow with my busy schedule!!!If anyone has any suggestions or advice to help me stay on my track i would greatly appreciate it!!!
  • mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Hi Stephanie!! Welcome to MFP!!! I am a new one to so I am learning with you, but I will tell you this a great place to be. I have learned a lot and have recieved so much support and motivation. I hope it is the same for you . Good luck on your weigtloss journey!!!
  • shewearsvans
    Options
    welcome...welcome...
  • BellaLane
    Options
    Hey there Stephanie and everyone else!! I am new as well but I have found that by keeping up with the site and being responsible to myself (and my online friends here!) have made me continue to be motivated on not only a day to day basis but a moment to moment basis.

I wish you the best of luck and cant wait to see your progress!
  • Bingomama
    Options
    I'm new today as well, strength in numbers...
    We can DO THIS. I'm aiming for 40 pounds by summer...we'll see. Where theres a will theres a way !
    I just know that there are no short cuts or secrets, its all about eatting right and getting off my *kitten*. Blaaa Blaa Blaa. So here goes noth'n !
  • Rossi512
    Options
    Hi, My name is Rossi and I'm new here too. I found it harder to lose weight when I wasn't keep track of what I was eating. You think you're eating right but in actuality it's a lot worse than I thought. At first I bought one of those daily appointment books to help me keep track, until my 3 yr old daughter got her hands on it and wrote all over it. Then I was told about this website, checked it out and well here I am. This is so much more easier than having to carry an appointment book around. I wish everyone luck with their weight loss success and I hope we all reach the goal we want.

Good Luck All!!!
  • didistone
    Options
    Try planning your calories for the next day or two or a whole week. I picked out meals for breakfast, lunch & dinner, trying to keep within my calorie limits. I brought the food home and figured out a day's meals. I kept that day's meals either on the kitchen counter or in the fridge where I could see it and I would know that was all I was going to eat for one day.