Young wanting to lose weight

Options
I'm 18 gonna be turning 19 in November and I've been on and off of here for about a year. My main problem is getting myself to eat healthier while trying to enjoy life. I can't get much exercise in so I clean mainly but I'm looking for other ideas.

Replies

• Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    Sorry love but weight loss is mostly diet. Get yourself a food scale and start logging your foods. Set yourself a realistic goal and read up on the stickies at the top.
    You can still lose weight and enjoy yourself. I do :)
  • scottwilson16
    scottwilson16 Posts: 71 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I'm 18 gonna be turning 19 in November and I've been on and off of here for about a year. My main problem is getting myself to eat healthier while trying to enjoy life. I can't get much exercise in so I clean mainly but I'm looking for other ideas.

Tackle one meal at a time. Take a look at your breakfast and make alterations to make it healthier (it may already be, but just using it as an example). Would also pay attention to how much you are eating. If you are gaining weight you are eating more than your body requires. Need any more help feel free to ask or send a message.
  • RegainFiks
    RegainFiks Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    You can also try to take some walks like 30 minutes a day as a form of exercise that can help a lot.
  • abigaildyer134
    abigaildyer134 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Personally, for myself...
    Even though people may disagree with me I think cutting down the amount that your eating is a big deal.

Don't snack! Have 3 regular portion sized meals a day and slowly but shortly your stomach will start shrinking and you will not need to eat as much, in no time you'll see the weight falling off.

Good luck!
  • scottwilson16
    scottwilson16 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Personally, for myself...
    Even though people may disagree with me I think cutting down the amount that your eating is a big deal.

Don't snack! Have 3 regular portion sized meals a day and slowly but shortly your stomach will start shrinking and you will not need to eat as much, in no time you'll see the weight falling off.

Good luck!

I disagree. If snacking works for someone rather than more formal meals then there is more likelihood that making small changes to an existing habit will me more successful long term, as opposed to restriction between meals.

It's education around what your body needs and how much rather than wanting your stomach to shrink.
  • jcharlotte
    jcharlotte Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I was once in your shoes, always keep a healthy snack w/you! An apple, a pear nothing processed and a bottle of water. Walk everywhere:) park the furthest away. When you think your hungry grab your apple. You'll lose it. ox Jenn
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    Start by logging your food. That's step one.