Getting healthy to get pregnant

Options
Hey everyone, I am starting my weight loss journey so the hubs and I can start our family. I am hoping to lose 20+ pounds by the end of the year. Feel free to add me so we can all keep each other accountable!

Replies

• enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Welcome. It's funny that you want to lose 20lbs to gain 20lbs. hehe. Kidding. Being in better shape will help with your pregnancy. My first one I wasn't too fat and it wasn't bad. I was obese with my 2nd and it was much more difficult. Good luck.
  • mspink7022
    mspink7022 Posts: 9 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    :) I definitely want to lose more than 20, but that is my mini goal. I definitely know it's much harder having a baby while overweight because my cousin was during her pregnancy. I watched her struggle, and she ended up with gestational diabetes.
  • beck13beck
    beck13beck Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm hoping it is down to my weight why I struggling to get pregnant. Been trying for 4 yrs, unblocked tube and medication haven't worked so far so hopefully loosing weight & being confident again will help. Fingers crossed
  • danielleforrest00
    Options
    Hi Ladies!!! I'm in the same boat. I lost 30 pounds before my wedding, only to gain it all back. My husband and I have been trying for a baby for a year and a half and just started working with a reproductive endocrinologist. I'm sure part of the problem is my weight. So since I can't control getting pregnant, at least I can control my own health. Good luck!!!!
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Wishing you the very best of luck on getting to your goal and with starting your family :)
  • GillianLF
    GillianLF Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I met with my doctor 2 weeks ago. She advised I lose about 15-20lbs before I start trying for a baby. I've another year in college so I'm using this time to study, eat right and get fit. Hopefully then come spring...
  • extacymoon
    extacymoon Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I too am on my weight loss journey to try to conceive. It is easier to be pregnant when you weigh less. Feel free to add me as a friend. We can help each other out along this journey.
  • alstonkenya
    alstonkenya Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • Amanda1217Taylor
    Options
    I hear you I'm in the same boat!
  • fifi684
    fifi684 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good lucky sweetie, I'm doing it for the same reason ;)
  • wearmi1
    wearmi1 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I'm on the same journey!
  • theawill519
    theawill519 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I'll be adding you. I started my journey for the same reason... now I'm 57 lbs down, 17 to go! We're also both 29 years old. :)
  • Stinaa91
    Stinaa91 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I'm not ready to have kids yet(still in nursing school) but it is one of the top reasons I am trying to lose weight as well! so when the time comes and I'm ready to start trying, I'll be healthy.
  • mimismommy11
    mimismommy11 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I lost about 40 pounds before we started trying for a baby in August 2014. It's been a rough year due to multiple issues including 2 miscarriages along the way, so I've struggled to lose more since then (definitely an emotional/stress eater here). I could use some extra accountability while I try to put the focus on me for a bit. We're not going to start any fertility treatments until 2016, so I'm hoping to lose a few more pounds by then or hopefully get pregnant naturally! I'll add you. :smile:
  • mspink7022
    mspink7022 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yay we can do it ladies! I have been tracking for 5 days now, which is pretty much unheard of for me, and I lost 2lbs. I am feeling good. I just keep thinking about the baby, and that keeps me going when I want to eat bad.
  • rhianna818
    rhianna818 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I am here for the same reason. I have a bit more to lose but my goal is to finally get pregnant. Adding you!