Starting today 10lbs to lose till Nov 5

Aloha from Maui! I made a goal today and will use this app to keep meon track. My goals are 1200ccal a day and 6 days of minimun 1hr of exercise. Would anyone like to join me? I would love some friends on here to keep it fun!

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,242 MFP Moderator
    How tall are you? I'm only 5'4, and I find that if I exercise a lot, I can't handle eating only 1200 calories per day. It makes me tired and causes me to break down and over-eat when I hit the 'too tired' point. Heck, I can't handle eating 1200 per day pretty much ever... But I'm maintaining my current weight (125) eating around 1900 calories each day, so eating such a small amount of food has never been necessary for me.... Is there something happening on November 5th that you wanted to be 10 pounds lighter for?

Good luck and welcome to MFP. :flowerforyou:
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    I'll echo the other above poster ^^

Your calorie allowance of 1200 and your goal seems very aggressive. Why the rush and why such a restriction?

I'm 5 ft 2 and 125 lbs and I lose weight on 1500 calories per day. With your level of exercise planned, I'd definitely consider upping your calorie intake to avoid becoming weak and unwell.

Good luck.
  • RocSmith79
    RocSmith79 Posts: 139 Member
    Your on the right track. You should easily reach your goal.
  • SimplyMeghan
    SimplyMeghan Posts: 5 Member
    with the info I have entered, I am 5'3 and want to lose 15lbs. it says I should eat 1250 calories. and I don't have any exercise worked into that, is that not a good allowance?
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    with the info I have entered, I am 5'3 and want to lose 15lbs. it says I should eat 1250 calories. and I don't have any exercise worked into that, is that not a good allowance?

If you exercise, you should be eating at least 50% of your earned calories ASWELL as the 1250 that MFP has given you :)
  • sheltee104
    sheltee104 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi my name is Lea and I just joined my fitness pal. I'm 5 foot three and I would like to lose 10 pounds in the program says I should only eat 1200 cal which seems like hardly any. I do work out three times a week so I was looking to meet up with friends who have the same goals as myself and would like to keep in touch online for support. If anybody is interested let me know thanks
  • RobinNandal
    RobinNandal Posts: 1 Member
    Hi wats up ?? Evn im planing to do d same like u