Hi! Newbie here!

Options
Hi everyone! I am new to My Fitness Pal and I'm looking for a support group. My doctor recently prescribed me Contrave and encouraged me to download this app. My downfalls are fast food and a sedentary lifestyle. I enjoy biking and walking...that is, if I don't find an excuse not to do it. I need a hard push. I work full time at a desk job and commute 1 hour each way to and from work. Food on the go is the easiest and my couch is my best friend when i get home. Help! Thank you.

Replies

• christyg74
    christyg74 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • DOTT010401
    DOTT010401 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi dward913, my name is Dottie. I am on Contrave and have been since 8/1. Most people have lots of success with it, I have lost around 15 lbs. My food intake has completely changed, I hope it works for you. Any questions about it?
  • smallbore
    smallbore Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I also just started Contrave ( 1.5 weeks). Doctor had me lose 10 pounds on my own first to show I was committed and recommended using MFP. The prescription is to help me keep going at the point I normally fall off the wagon. If Contrave keeps me going, I say ignore any negative remarks people have. My weight loss is more important than someone saying I am taking the easy way out ... Ps it is not easy, but feeling of food controlling me is reduced to make better choices. 6 pounds in 1.5 weeks on Contrave (14 pounds total)
  • MacksFisher
    MacksFisher Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    dward913 wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I am new to My Fitness Pal and I'm looking for a support group. My doctor recently prescribed me Contrave and encouraged me to download this app. My downfalls are fast food and a sedentary lifestyle. I enjoy biking and walking...that is, if I don't find an excuse not to do it. I need a hard push. I work full time at a desk job and commute 1 hour each way to and from work. Food on the go is the easiest and my couch is my best friend when i get home. Help! Thank you.

Did I write this?
    I have been on Contrave since July 14th. As of Nov. 23rd I've lot 55 lbs on it