Belly fat

Options
gwen1180
gwen1180 Posts: 19 Member
edited October 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
so I've aways had more stomach fat around my belly button and can't seem to get rid of it , my "waist" measuring below my chest right at the fold if bending over is losing but nothing around the belly button , does that tale a lot of time ?? I work out a lot and eat pretty healthy

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Doesn't have to do with working out or eating healthily. You can't spot reduce and genetics determines where fat goes on and comes of.
  • gwen1180
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

thanks so much
  • gwen1180
    Options
    Doesn't have to do with working out or eating healthily. You can't spot reduce and genetics determines where fat goes on and comes of.

I understand that but there r ways to get rid of it and maybe I can change things that I'm doing
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    gwen1180 wrote: »

I understand that but there r ways to get rid of it and maybe I can change things that I'm doing

It doesn't sound like you understand. There's no way to target belly fat. At all. Some people are genetically predisposed to store their weight in their belly. That might just be the last place your body decides to lose fat. Anyway, eat less calories than you burn. That's it.
  • DeguelloTex
    edited October 2015
    Options
    gwen1180 wrote: »

But there aren't any ways that will get rid of it in any different priority within your overall fat loss. It comes off when it comes off.

• preeJAY
    preeJAY Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    It depends on your body fat % right now.

If it is high-ish, then the fat might go if you drop body fat.

If you are already at lower end of healthy range, then it might be where you carry fat and nothing short of surgery will change that.

I've found lifting heavy weights to be the best for changing the way a body looks. The way I'm losing fat while lifting seems slightly different from when I just restricted calories w/o exercise.
  • CharminQT
    CharminQT Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Try eating less carbs including fruits. The high fat low carbs community seem to have very good results. Models and body builders also carb risk a week or two before a big event to look more lean/ripped. http://www.chatelaine.com/health/wellness/insulin-lowering-nutrients-banish-belly-fat/
  • DeguelloTex
    Options
    Dropping water weight isn't the same as dropping belly fat.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    CharminQT wrote: »
    Try eating less carbs including fruits. The high fat low carbs community seem to have very good results. Models and body builders also carb risk a week or two before a big event to look more lean/ripped. http://www.chatelaine.com/health/wellness/insulin-lowering-nutrients-banish-belly-fat/

I don't think body builders and models are looking to drop belly fat (especially like what the OP is speaking about) just a week or two before a big event.