The Wall

Options
hey everyone, I'm Rita I have been on "my fitness pal" for a bit now, but I haven't posted anything before. Thinking that maybe I need to reach out to others to help me through my, for lack of a better phrase, "wall" that I am facing with my weight loss.

do you ever feel that your significant others' encouragement just isn't enough? He tells me everyday how good I look, but when you don't see it yourself it's hard to believe it. My struggle is that I know where I was before I gained my excess of weight. I know what I looked like at the peak of my athleticism and I want to go back to that, but anytime I seem to lose some weight, I fall back into eating poorly and not excericising as regularly... Why am I having this mental block, or do I just need to rebuild my discipline? Does anyone else feel like this? I know how to eat properly, I know how to train like a boss, yet anytime I show progress I stop and fall right back to where I was. Sometimes it's like "2 steps forward, 1 step back." Or in my situation "2 steps back."

Replies

• Wjackie1
    Wjackie1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I know how this feels. I lost 80 lbs last year and have back 13 lbs already. I gave up recording on my fitness pal and got back into my old habits. It is not easy. It is a constant struggle for me. I have been big all my life and trying the last year to do something about it but I continue to slip backwards two steps. I know how to eat properly but it is a change of attitude and the mental block I need to change. How about you!
  • HeatherCarnes76
    HeatherCarnes76 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Yes I do. I had lost 130 pounds and met my soon to be husband. He had lost a lot of weight too. But we got married....long story short, he gained 50 pounds and I gained 50 pounds. I recently lost that 50 pounds but want to lose 60 more. My husband doesn't exercise..he is fine with me doing it but he.....for me gaining the weight, I lost my discipline and I'm working on gaining that back with or without him. I feel much better about myself when I eat healthy and workout.
  • Chasity6
    Chasity6 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    It is hard. I am trying to lose 135lbs and it is hard to stay motivated. That is my favorite part of MFP I can check in if I am having a hard day there is always support available. @Heather congrats on your loss and newfound dedication. It is so easy to slip into lax eating habits when significant other eats whatever and you are trying to moderate. Good luck on your journeys feel free to add me as a friend if you like :) as I said I always can use extra help. We got this!
  • lovelyrita21
    lovelyrita21 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks girls! Yeah Devon is very much into health and fitness but even when he says that I look good, it's hard because he sees me every day!

Congrats to @HeatherCarnes76

and to @Chasity6 and @Wjackie1 we will do this! When we lose all our excess weight we will be able to be proud and confident!(:
  • Damien_Scott
    Damien_Scott Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    My girlfriend and I are losing together. I've lost 37.4 so far and she has lost half that. We encourage each other, but at first it didn't feel like it was really happening. We stuck with it and now we can both finally see the changes in ourselves. She kept telling me ever since i dropped 20lbs that she could tell the difference. I didn't start seeing it until recently though.

Just stick with it. You have to want it yourself. No amount of encouragement from your SO or other random people on an App will give you the motivation to keep going. It has to come from within yourself.
  • michelleCmartinez
    Options
    Hi Rita. I'm fairly new to this app. I hate exercise and the gym. I find it easier to exercise through routines. When I go to work I park about 15 to 20 minutes away. I built to this first start with 5 to 10 minutes. Then if I do nothing else I have done the minimum. On days I don't work I put on Spotify a free music app that has dancing play lists and dance at home about 30 minutes for fun. The best way I have found to curb my appetite is to drink water before eating. I have lost 5 kilos in about 8 weeks. I need to lose another 15. The best advice I got was, 'Don't see eating the wrong thing as failure. Everyday is a new day to reset and start again'. I hope that helps.