its about fat loss not weight loss.

Losing water weight and celebrating? The next day when you eat regular amount of carb you regain what you have lost so aim for fat loss and dont go on like no carb or low carb diet try to eat in between 100 to 150g of carbs cut down your calories, you will see results slowly but its all fats you gonna lose not water weight or muscle. Try to eat clean carbs say no to sugars strachy carbs eat more fiber eat green vegetables fiber helps in decreasing blood suger level and aid in fat loss. Workout for atleast 1hr in a day.

Replies

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    I eat more than 500g of carbs most days and a lot of sugar. Yet, I'm doing fine.
  • Then you must have higher motablism.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited October 2015
    I eat either bread or pasta everyday and have a beer in the evening. I did all this while staying in a deficit. I have lost 25 pounds and holding.
  • bendyourkneekatie
    bendyourkneekatie Posts: 696 Member
    Then you must have higher motablism.

Lol
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited October 2015
    I'm not interested in manipulating my water weight with my food choices.

I'm interested in eating food that's nutritious, that fuels my workouts, and that I enjoy.

Some days, it's higher in carbs; some days, it's lower in carbs.

The thing is? I'm playing a long game here. I'm establishing habits for a healthy lifestyle, not just during this phase while I'm losing weight, but for beyond while I'm maintaining my new weight. I personally would rather eat the same sorts of foods during both phases and just change the amount I'm eating.

The funny thing is that since I have become more active, I don't find my body responding to increases in carb intake with spikes in water weight gain any more.
  • sarahlifts
    sarahlifts Posts: 610 Member
    Losing water weight and celebrating? The next day when you eat regular amount of carb you regain what you have lost so aim for fat loss and dont go on like no carb or low carb diet try to eat in between 100 to 150g of carbs cut down your calories, you will see results slowly but its all fats you gonna lose not water weight or muscle. Try to eat clean carbs say no to sugars strachy carbs eat more fiber eat green vegetables fiber helps in decreasing blood suger level and aid in fat loss. Workout for atleast 1hr in a day.

You're 50/50 here.

Same as gaining don't trip about gaining after going over in carbs. Most likely its water.

If some one wants to celebrate getting the water off I'm not mad at them. I'm sure the competitors on the Olympia stage even did a dance when that last bit of water came down. Only they understood its only water.

Staying moderate in carbs in a deficit keeps the water off.

You will lose at the same rate eating the same amount of calories with a high carb diet tho CICO.

In a deficit to total loss will not be all fat, in a deficit it is inevitable some muscle will be lost. Be sure to get the proper amount of protein to minimize the loss of muscle in a deficit.

• Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    Going low carb for a few days or even a couple of weeks isn't even particularly useful except to try it out. You have to get past low carb flu (for some anyway), which means up to two weeks of not even feeling your full, normal energy levels. It can be weeks to keto adapt, bringing, for many, much higher energy levels than normal and (this is the selling point for me) much fewer cravings and less hunger.

Low carb isn't for short term and it isn't for playing games on the scale.
  • DeguelloTex
    Then you must have higher motablism.
    I'm large and I exercise. It doesn't make sense to prescribe a carb range for everyone when people are so different.

• sarahlifts
    100-150
    Azuriaz wrote: »
    Going low carb for a few days or even a couple of weeks isn't even particularly useful except to try it out. You have to get past low carb flu (for some anyway), which means up to two weeks of not even feeling your full, normal energy levels. It can be weeks to keto adapt, bringing, for many, much higher energy levels than normal and (this is the selling point for me) much fewer cravings and less hunger.

Low carb isn't for short term and it isn't for playing games on the scale.

100-150g isn't really low carb tho. Its low to moderate and doesn't have those 60g and under type of results.

I've low carbed over the years, for me it sucked. someppl thrive on keto/low carb. I wanted to murder kittens....no bueno
  • sarahlifts wrote: »

You're 50/50 here.

Same as gaining don't trip about gaining after going over in carbs. Most likely its water.

If some one wants to celebrate getting the water off I'm not mad at them. I'm sure the competitors on the Olympia stage even did a dance when that last bit of water came down. Only they understood its only water.

Staying moderate in carbs in a deficit keeps the water off.

You will lose at the same rate eating the same amount of calories with a high carb diet tho CICO.

In a deficit to total loss will not be all fat, in a deficit it is inevitable some muscle will be lost. Be sure to get the proper amount of protein to minimize the loss of muscle in a deficit.

Competitors competing for titles, they stop drinking water before 2 days of their compition to get more defination, the thing is its temperory so go for what will last for long.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    I like my carbs dirty, thanks.
  • sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    I eat sugars almost every day, both natural and added, but its unusual if I get up to 150g of carbs. Mostly on pizza days. Or pasta days. Cuz bread and pasta, yum.
  • DeguelloTex
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    At least you're consistent.

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    At least you're consistent.

:wink:
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,145 Member

My avatar is so appropriate for this thread.

If all this is working for you, OP, more power to you. For myself, it's baloney (clean, unprocessed baloney from the baloney bush). Clean carbs? Limited workout time? Restricted foods?
    21sXhCK776-6.png
  • My point here is that the faster you lose the fater you gain you cant be on low carb diet all of your life its relle hard. What i think is jus eat more protrin and cut down little bit of carbs and fats of your diet, aim for 300 calaroie defisit. You will be fine you will lose fats and gain muscle. It will take time but its the healthies way of losing fat dont torture your body by starving yourself this way you gonna decrease your motablism rate.
  • DeguelloTex
    edited October 2015
    My point here is that the faster you lose the fater you gain you cant be on low carb diet all of your life its relle hard. What i think is jus eat more protrin and cut down little bit of carbs and fats of your diet, aim for 300 calaroie defisit. You will be fine you will lose fats and gain muscle. It will take time but its the healthies way of losing fat dont torture your body by starving yourself this way you gonna decrease your motablism rate.
    I ate at over a 1000 deficit for nearly a year. Lost about 90/10 fat/muscle. Haven't gained back the weight.

I do eat a lot of protein, though.

• maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    My point here is that the faster you lose the fater you gain you cant be on low carb diet all of your life its relle hard. What i think is jus eat more protrin and cut down little bit of carbs and fats of your diet, aim for 300 calaroie defisit. You will be fine you will lose fats and gain muscle. It will take time but its the healthies way of losing fat dont torture your body by starving yourself this way you gonna decrease your motablism rate.

4853ce63d34e23c6b8da6c4d6c6eeadc.jpg

A 300 calorie deficit is about half a pound per week, which might be fine for people close to goal but for the rest of us would be excruciatingly slow. You can't lose fat and gain muscle by eating a certain way, fat loss comes from a calorie deficit, muscle mass increase comes from eating at a surplus and lifting heavy things.

• sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    OP, this is one of the "read this first" threads on this site. You might find it interesting and useful: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10097870/the-really-blunt-list-of-things-to-consider-when-losing-weight/p1
  • sarahlifts
    maidentl wrote: »

4853ce63d34e23c6b8da6c4d6c6eeadc.jpg

A 300 calorie deficit is about half a pound per week, which might be fine for people close to goal but for the rest of us would be excruciatingly slow. You can't lose fat and gain muscle by eating a certain way, fat loss comes from a calorie deficit, muscle mass increase comes from eating at a surplus and lifting heavy things.

thank you