Raw vegan - perfect way to regain Heath

Options

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Gaz_Palmer wrote: »
    Hi. I am a vegan, but just joined MFP to lose some weight.
    I want to kick out most or preferably all the processed foods, sauces and breads. Then move to a much more raw food diet.
    I don't see what the big issues against raw food diet are (actually the same old tired excuses- a good one about raw food means you can't get warm! Lol). I think the negative people just want to project they're own personality failings on to others'.
    You just eat fruit veggies beans nuts and salads (never been eating out anywhere where you can't get a salad!) etc...just without messing with them, or covering them with cr@p.
    Are you going to cook the beans and lentils and chick peas?
  • Gaz_Palmer
    Gaz_Palmer Posts: 34 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    RodaRose wrote: »
    I want to kick out most or preferably all the processed foods, sauces and breads. Then move to a much more raw food diet.
    I don't see what the big issues against raw food diet are (actually the same old tired excuses- a good one about raw food means you can't get warm! Lol). I think the negative people just want to project they're own personality failings on to others'.
    You just eat fruit veggies beans nuts and salads (never been eating out anywhere where you can't get a salad!) etc...just without messing with them, or covering them with cr@p.
    Are you going to cook the beans and lentils and chick peas?
    Sorry, not sure if this is a serious question, but no, I would just soak them,-or sprout them, even better.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

Are you saying that choosing to not be vegan is a personality failing? Just trying to clarify...
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    If it is a personality failing to find it impossible to follow this lifestyle, then I guess I'll put my hand up.

Having said that I truly admire those people who successfully follow this lifestyle. It would be one of the hardest way of eating I can think of, for me personally
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    If it is a personality failing to find it impossible to follow this lifestyle, then I guess I'll put my hand up.

Having said that I truly admire those people who successfully follow this lifestyle. It would be one of the hardest way of eating I can think of, for me personally

+1
  • echmainfit619
    echmainfit619 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I'm going raw carnivore. Nothing *but* protein.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    karastogi wrote: »
    I've been on the journey for being raw vegan. This has been an exciting but challenging. It requires dedication, determination and discipline.

For how long?

regardless, hope it works for you!
  • Gaz_Palmer
    Gaz_Palmer Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Good luck. Maybe move closer to a hospital?
  • echmainfit619
    echmainfit619 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Good luck. Maybe move closer to a hospital?

Uh no. That's not the kind of raw meat I'm talking about.
  • hamlet1222
    hamlet1222 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    you should check out durian rider and freelee's videos on youtube, they have some very interesting ideas.
  • nicolehatt86
    nicolehatt86 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Well, day one back into my raw vegan diet... All I have had that was "cooked" was coffee so far today. Any support for me? Yes, I do need attention. No, I do not regret that. I know me. I NEED PEOPLE.
  • withoutasaddle
    withoutasaddle Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I did raw vegan for a bit and have just started going back to raw on the weekdays (I'm not up for 24/7 yet!)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options

I am quite sure my distaste for cold foods when it's cold has nothing to do with personality failings.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

I am quite sure my distaste for cold foods when it's cold has nothing to do with personality failings.

Well, there is also research that shows that humans only developed bigger brains once they could free and concentrate nutrients by cooking.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    hamlet1222 wrote: »
    you should check out durian rider and freelee's videos on youtube, they have some very interesting ideas.

Interesting ideas is an interesting way to put it.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Been there, done that, not going back.... ;)
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options

Interesting is one way to put it. Not the words I'd use.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    cmtigger wrote: »
    kshama2001 wrote: »

Well, there is also research that shows that humans only developed bigger brains once they could free and concentrate nutrients by cooking.

It was a great boon to mankind when fire was discovered and food could be cooked. It resulted in more nutrition being available.

I believe many can benefit from eating more raw foods, but going totally raw is silly unless it is done in response to a specific illness or condition.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options

They actually spread some of the worst misinformation out there. They are the WORST offenders of the "You can totally eat as much as you want and you CANT get fat on fruit!" and "SMASH IN THE CALORIES! MINIMUM 3000 CALORIES FOR WOMEN!" and "We totally don't do excessive amounts of exercise to justify our ridiculous calorie intake".

Don't get me started on the moral-weird stances they take like "all men should get a visectomy", "Women shouldn't take birth control", and "you shouldn't get chemo for cancer because a raw food diet can cure it".