Just a very small success - no longer obese technically

Options
zkhanman
zkhanman Posts: 132 Member
Hi all,

I decided to start getting healthy after I saw a picture of myself and was horrified. I was 5'6 and 192 pounds.

My first step was to cut out all alcohol and soda, in about 3 weeks time I'm now down to 182. That 10 pounds brought my BMI back to "overweight" instead of obese.

I'm still new to MFP and my fitness journey in general, but it's nice that I can "see" results so quickly.

Replies

• TasnimEz
    TasnimEz Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Great progress :smile:
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Congrats on just being "overweight" I recently got there too. Amazing what booze and sugar (or the lack thereof) can do to you ;-)
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • luzdelua
    luzdelua Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    YAY! Good job!
  • FitRoberta
    FitRoberta Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Results like that are motivating, aren't they? :)
  • whatang
    whatang Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    That's not "small" - it's massive. Well done.
  • cwthx
    cwthx Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    It is a big deal. Congrats!

My husband also moved off of obese as well, after losing 23 lbs. in 2 months, and barely made it to the overweight category. He has 30 lbs. to go.
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Yay! Well done!
  • joyce1129
    joyce1129 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    This is a HUGE deal, ask any health care professional. You have taken a very big step to improve your quality of life; well done.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Awesome work!
  • Blackdawn_70631
    Blackdawn_70631 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and was tipping close to 190 myself. Now I'm 175.
    So don't fret about being considered over weight. You're doing good.
    Kudos on the loss!
  • mwebster01
    mwebster01 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    +1
  • Omoe11
    Omoe11 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Congrats!
  • plovdiva
    plovdiva Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This is no small success! :)
  • kiela64
    kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Nice! I have a much longer way before I get there, I think it's really a good marker for motivation and success. It means so many fewer health risks just to cross that threshold.
  • Domicinator
    Domicinator Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Not a small success at all--that's HUGE! Definitely something to celebrate. I remember the day I hit the non-obese range and it feels great for sure. You are now bucking the trend of obesity, which is a great thing.

Living in the US, I have noticed that as I continue to decrease my weight and body fat percentage, I'm now starting to feel like I'm in the minority. When I'm out in public and just take a minute to look around me, there are so many people with weight problems and even morbid obesity. I never realized that I had accepted that as normal until I started losing weight.

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!