Has anyone else fell off the wagon recently too?

Options
I have fell off the wagon the past few months and gained weight, I am heavier than I have ever been and really feeling bummed (and kind of alone):angry: has anyone else been really struggling lately and planning on getting back into gear?!

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    It is never too late to begin again. good luck
  • shamcc
    shamcc Posts: 3
    Options
    today is a new day! you can not turn back time, you can only look ahead! good luck!
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    YES!!! Today I messed up big time! I took the kids to McDonalds. AND... I had.... 1 ranch snack wrap, small fry and 3/4 of a large sweet tea. I have 60 calories for the rest of the day. and it is 1pm. I have to do some exercise to make up for it tonight. I feel so horrible. BUT the up side is I can start again new tomorrow!
  • dd122436
    dd122436 Posts: 39
    Options
    Start again today, you can do it! It will be hard for the first day or two (expect that, look forward to it) its so worth it!
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Yes - I fell off for a while and now I'm struggling to take off the FIFTY pounds of cheese I put on :sad:
  • chelle4282
    chelle4282 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have fell off the wagon the past few months and gained weight, I am heavier than I have ever been and really feeling bummed (and kind of alone):angry: has anyone else been really struggling lately and planning on getting back into gear?!

I am right there with you... It's really frustrating. But if it helps at all, I started using MFP again this past week and am down 2 pounds... it is possible!!!
  • jackiekjames
    Options
    I stopped logging after weeks of no losses....i have decided to give it another go and try increasing my calories...I just jumped back on yesterday as well...we can do this together!
  • lele39
    lele39 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I fell off and rolled down the road lol. You're not alone. I find it hard at times to get focused but, I have to look ahead. We can get back on track again.
  • wendy1993
    wendy1993 Posts: 2
    Options
    Yes went on vacation recently and gained back all I had lost :( Not sure how much, don't usually weigh myself, just know I'm into to my larger jeans again. Just gettin back on the wagon today.
  • DyannAlvarez
    DyannAlvarez Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I've been struggling for about the last month. I'm back at it now, though, and I'm guessing you are too! Just don't start off doing something ridiculous, you know? Maybe start off only loosing a 1/2 pound, so you're not so restricted and give up. Slow and steady girl... I think if you limit yourself too much you set yourself up to fail. I know for myself I've done that over and over. Good luck. We CAN do this.
  • bubblie117
    bubblie117 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys :) it means a lot! Anyone feel free to add me, we can support each other, I don't feel so alone now!
  • happyhah
    happyhah Posts: 14
    Options
    Big TIME! I was on a new easy healthy eating regime that had me losing 2 - 5 pounds per week. and i joined a fitness boot camp that met 3 mornings a week... I was down 15 pounds and doing great. Then my knee started to hurt (jumper's knee a form of tendonitis) so i was told no more boot camp... so I stopped working out to let it heal... then i started eating unhealthy fast food.. now 1 month later I have gained back 10 pounds. UGH! I understand... but everyday is a new day. i am starting over today and so can you... and if i slip up tomorrow then I will start again on Thursday... Maybe you need to be less strict on your eating, provide yourself 1 cheat day but don't let your cheats be taco bell and a banana split! lol You will do fine. Don't get in a cycle of punshing yourself. it will just make you feel like a failure (which you are not) and will make it harder ot start over. i know because i have been in thsi cycle for YEARS!.... and all i did was continue to do nothing and gain more weight.

You can do it! One day at a time. Give yourself credit for the small victories too. :happy:
    Good luck!
  • alanpryke
    alanpryke Posts: 20
    Options
    Having a bad day today, celebrating the 50th anniversary of the sliced white loaf with a sandwich at lunchtime and cheese on toast for tea. Still we can't all be perfect all the time and tomorrow I'm back on the wagon. No use crying over spilt milk lets get it on, thats why I love this site!!!! (P.S. also have man flu)
  • SPSHLK73
    SPSHLK73 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have gained a few pounds back myself but the key is to keep track of what you're doing all the time even if you fall off the wagon. If you're still keeping track you're more likely to hold yourself accountable and take action alot sooner. Even if I eat over my calories no matter how much I go over I still log it in. Don't give up. It's a way of life and we all just gotta keep on truckin down this healthier path.
  • JD92
    JD92 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    yes :frown: May was a bad month for weightloss! i was dealing with exams and stress and i just stuffed my face all the time with anything i could buy from the shop - cookies and basically any baked good.. i felt blegh and went from my lowest weight of 213 to 220 as of sunday. i felt so out of control with eating and my weight. its a struggle to get into the rhythm of eating well for me, but i think im getting there! sunday was a good day, monday/yesterday was kinda bad and today has been alot better. i even cooked a dinner from (sort of) scratch! and now, im eating some grapes instead of biscuits. HALLELUJAH :tongue:

im even down a pound since sunday :drinker: i have that feeling of control back with my weight and it feels great. you are not alone honey, we all have our falls. the best thing is that you are making that effort to get back up and that is half the battle already. :heart:
  • bofus
    bofus Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Oh yes this weekend, I sat and ate so much cake, all by myself, that I couldn't sleep I was so miserable. Monday morning I started again with a vengence. The:glasses: plan is to take one thing at a time, one day at a time......and stay focus.......
    One step at a time. I am really addicted to food, especially sweets......
  • LLRamey
    LLRamey Posts: 5
    Options
    Yes! It's so easy to do and the weight is so much easier to put on than take off! I'm just getting serious again. I was back over 200 but I weighed this morning at 198, so I'm happy with that. Slow and steady is the best.