Looking for an over 50 crowd

Options
I can't compete with the young bodies! It depresses me to even try! I'm sending out an appeal to the olde crowd, you know who you are: witty, cynical, intelligent, slightly depressed, post menopausal, past the drama, set in your ways, down to earthers! Can we just do this before we stroke out? Please? Motivate me and I'll reciprocate! Then we can put our feet up and toast our success with a glass of wine! Sound good?

Replies

• sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Hey. I'll be 50 in November. Feel free to friend me. I'm around most days, and I'd say I'm about 80% toward fitting the bill you describe :)
  • LHamill2015
    LHamill2015 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I will be 60 in December! Please add me! When we reach our goals, we can toast to a new healthy life!
  • lrd4699
    lrd4699 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I will be 59 in December!
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    You had me until the "wine" I don't drink alcohol.
  • 1sunnyday1978
    1sunnyday1978 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hi i am 57 years young. I would love to help you with motivation as well as having a friend to keep me on track as well. Let's do this!
  • azurekat
    azurekat Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    IWTBFCIN3 wrote: »
    You had me until the "wine" I don't drink alcohol.
    Oh, that's Ok! You can toast with fizzy lifting drinks, or whatever floats your particular amazing little boat!
  • sbeishuizen
    sbeishuizen Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Would love to join you....I'm 60 and just getting started with a long journey of weight loss
  • StrongLife
    StrongLife Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I'm 53 and love to workout. Been off the path the past month. Not sure if it is slightly depressed or really bored.
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I'll be 52 in one week!
  • JayBee12831
    JayBee12831 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 52 and can relate to everything you said!
  • Dootzy1
    Dootzy1 Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    I'm nearly at my goal, but would welcome you to my group!! I'm going to need help to maintain! Never give up and never surrender!!
  • italianstudnj
    italianstudnj Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good Morning I am 55 years old and workout six days a week. Can't do the weight I used to do, like 320 lbs on shoulder shrugs.. I can lift the weight but my neck and spine say "no!" Aging.... lol
  • derek9964
    derek9964 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    51 from the uk anybody feel free to add me
  • LovelyleeFit
    LovelyleeFit Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Motivation and inspiration I'm in. I'm 52, had back surgery in January. Healing, and ready to get the extra weight off.
  • fabat52
    fabat52 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 54 and just getting on track for the last 8 days. Have lost 7.4lbs and have 50.4 till goal. Would love more friends to encourage and be encouraged by.
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    Over 50 Group here on MFP

I saw the above while searching around one day. Since there seem to be a lot of us in the over 50 crowd, I thought some of you might want to take a look.