So here I go....again and again and again

Options
35 yo old mother of three trying, since the birth of my last child (who is now 4), to get this last 15 pounds off. I've been active all my life w/ sports, I run 2-4 miles 3 times a week and lift weights also do classes at my gym. I've tried Weight Watchers, dieting, working out 6 times a week....and nothing seems to be working!!! So hopefully this website and all of you kind people will be my inspiration to shed this extra weight and get some great tips and advice along the way!!

Replies

• Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    this site is so awesome, very helpful....great tools the recipe calculator is the greatest....good luck
  • Aviendha_RJ
    Aviendha_RJ Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    This is a great place to receive a lot of support. Have you tried any of the videos from BeachBody? Some of them are awesome! I'm into TurboJam myself, but I was planning on trying P90X or TurboFire next.

I'm still struggling with my last 15... well, 20lbs actually. But I think I've put on some muscle lately that's thrown that off a bit. That happens... I think I may adjust my goal to "one more pants size"... lol.
  • netite
    netite Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome!

I admire all the things that you are doing on a regular basis to stay healthy. I was thinking that since you are doing what we all dream of doing, but don't always do, and if you are eating well then maybe that last 15 lbs is okay and you have too idealistic a number that you are trying to reach. We all know what we are comfortable with and I don't presume to know that for you.

I am not trying to discourage you from reaching a goal, but I want to encourage you to be content where you are and use this site to focus on the nutrition you are getting. There are great tools here. You may find by journaling that you are eating better than you think or you might find some areas that are contributing to weight retention.

I know that just the thought of journaling what I eat helps me to make better choices and when I don't make the best choices, journaling helps keep me honest and I think about why I made that choice. Was I too hungry, too emotional, etc.

All that to say that I admire what you are doing, I appreciate the good example of activity and health that you are setting for your 4 yo, and I hope that you find contentment in your journey towards a healthy lifestyle.

Annette