When to weigh in?

Options
sammyjoyc
sammyjoyc Posts: 12 Member
edited October 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi everyone,

I'm about 1 week into this app & logging calories.

I was wondering when is best to weigh yourself? My husband thinks in the evening, but I wanted to see what works for others.

Opinions/experience wanted

Please & thank you :)

Replies

• ariana_eatsandlifts
    ariana_eatsandlifts Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself in the morning, after I pee, butt naked.
  • moto450
    moto450 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I do it in the morning too, but whatever time you choose just make sure you do it the same each time. You will notice significant weight differences from one time of the day to the next.
  • kathleenpaschall
    kathleenpaschall Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    In the morning for sure. Before you eat. That's your true weight
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,363 Member
    Options
    In the morning, after peeing and before eating or drinking.
  • OutdoorCamoGirl
    OutdoorCamoGirl Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I agree with first thing when you get up in the morning/evening (depending upon your sleep schedule), after your bathroom visit, but before eating/drinking. Just as the poster above stated, just pick a time and try to weigh around the same time each time and with the same amount of clothing or just naked
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    In morning as said above. Always put the scales in the same exact spot each day. You WILL see natural fluctuations from one time to the next.
  • cyberiantigeress
    cyberiantigeress Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Definitely the morning on an empty stomach and naked.
  • JennieMaeK
    JennieMaeK Posts: 474 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I think whatever works for you, but I would try to weigh myself at the same time each time. Your weight will fluctuate throughout the day. So, if evenings work for you, stick to it :-)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    The most important thing about weighing, is consistency. Same time, place and bat channel.
  • melmerritt33
    melmerritt33 Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning is best, also either weigh yourself naked or in the same clothes and in the same place. I was weighing myself once a week so as to not see the daily ups and downs (weight seems to fluctuate a lot day to day) but am now trying twice a week to see if that's any better for me.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    In the morning after I pee, naked (as several others have already said). Weighing later in the day introduces variables which can skew the consistency of your readings - different clothing, hydration levels, how much you've eaten, etc. Use the same scale in the same place every time. If you're one who freaks about fluctuations in scale weight (because there will be daily fluctuations), weigh less often - weekly, every two weeks or whatever. As long as the overall trend is downward, those daily fluctuations don't matter.
  • blessingsfromabove721
    Options
    I always do not first thing in the morning, before I eart or drink anything and after I use the bathroom..oh, and I always weigh myself naked