OK ladies, how many size are in your closet?

Options
I currently own clothes that range between sizes between 8 and 18 in my closet. Am I the only one that has hung onto both all my fat clothes and thin clothes over the years? I am proudly currently rocking most, but not all the 12s and strongly considering getting rid of all of the larger sizes. How do you handle the downsizing?

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I only have two sizes. I've been meaning to sell my size 6 dresses on ebay but I keep putting it off. I think a have a few sizes of jeans lying around though. Maybe up to 12.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    The bulk of my closet is two different sizes. It's hard to guess accurately because of how much the sizing differs between brands as well. I've gotten rid of my previous larger clothes. I really need to do a general cull, I probably only wear 1/3 of my closet.
  • happygalah
    happygalah Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Really need to clean my closet out. I have sizes from 0 to 20.
  • seomra
    seomra Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    UK sizes 10-16, was 10-18, plus maternity clothes. Am now between a 14 and 16 and the occasional size 12 top! Crazy the variation in standard sizes from store to store, I find Next and M&S to be very generous. Aim is to get back to 10-12.
  • Jillish23
    Jillish23 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I have a range of 5 different sizes since gaining the weight in recent years. I am now at the point that the biggest trouser sizes are too big, and do nothing for me, so will be donated/disposed of. I will be keeping only one pair as a comparison for those days when I don't see the difference in the mirror (my brain is very slow to catch up it seems!) I think that has been my downfall in the past - there have always been bigger sizes sitting in my wardrobe so part of this process will need to be getting them out of the house. <3
  • athenawj
    athenawj Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have three, in pants: 8, 10, and 12 (because for some stupid reason, Old Navy's black jeans are tighter than their regular jeans-- ??). And shirts in M and L. I'm at a healthy weight, but I have wide hips.

The upstairs closet, though, that's a different story. There are three sizes up there. I haven't been able to give them away yet. For one reason, I'm saving them for my older daughter, who is trying to lose weight, too, and clothes are expensive! Another reason, though... I guess I don't want to spend all that money again if I regain the weight. I don't *plan* to, but it's stuck there in my head.
  • Fesanso
    Fesanso Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have from one size 12 (15 years old) then from sizes 14 to 20 (UK sizing). I'm currently only down to the size 14 range (only have a few of them so had to go out specially to buy 'em), so with the 16-20 trousers falling off me I have donated/dumped most them (investing in a few belts to keep the ones I've got left up), but I've still got most of the tops because I don't want to go out and buy something I might not get much use out of because I've shrunk and waste a lot of money. So half the time I walk around in tent like garments and save the few new fitting clothes for going out in.

I need to do a clear out but have been holding off with a stupid internal and rarely expressed worry that I might get fatter again. Something I need to address after a few more lbs lost.
  • rmcloughlin22
    rmcloughlin22 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Everything from size 6 to 16!
  • ChiliPepperLifter
    ChiliPepperLifter Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Got rid of everything that doesn't fit. But because of vanity sizing I own sizes 0 through 4. And larger sizes that have been altered to be in that range. Gotta love thrifting and tailors!
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    10, 8, 6, 4, 2. The 10s and 8s were "work clothes." I've been a stay-at-home mom for 7 years. I donated those. I kept the 6s in work clothes and jeans...just in case.
  • luvwords1996
    luvwords1996 Posts: 90 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    10-18!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Only one size in my closet donated everything (8 garbage bags) have a few things for work have some workout clothes and plan to go down to the pre planned size then I will buy clothes. If you don't have the clothes you won't gain the wait cause you have nothing to wear. ;)
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    size 7 and 8
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    and the way i handled my down size _ i use to wear a size 13* what i did is either threw away them big stretched out clothes because some were in really bad conditon .. the one's that were in good conditon i give away to family or donate them.. i have no reason to keep my big clothes a waste of space and iam not ever going back to that size anywayz*
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I just purged my closet - ended up getting rid of 6 garbage bags of clothes - everything mainly 10 and 12. However I must admit I have every size from 6 to 10 still left. There are HUGE variances in sizes
  • justrollme
    justrollme Posts: 802 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    My poor closet! I am going to have a lot of stuff to sell/donate. Almost all of my bottoms are a size 10 or 12. I'm in size 8 jeans now, very soon to be 6. I have one really, reeeeeally old pair of junior's size 7 jeans that fit me great right now, I'm not sure how I even still had those! (Luckily I did, I'm down to just 2 pairs that are wearable.) Most of my tops are size L and XL, and I'm in a M now. I have packed up a bunch of stuff to bring to a consignment shop, so I might end up spending on a few things to wear now.

Other than a couple of dresses that still fit okay-ish, my wardrobe has become very limited. But, I don't want to spend much, because I'm not done. I still have 13 lbs to go to get to my original goal, but probably around 25-30 more to lose to get to my ultimate goal weight (not sure at all, it's been too long for me to remember what was my favorite healthy ideal weight!)
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    If you don't count the larger ones sitting in a box waiting to be donated, I am down to 3 sizes (before losing, I had 8 sizes in my closet). I am just getting into 18's for tops and dresses and 16's for pants and skirts. My goal size is a 14 and I have some clothes in 14,16, and 18 from when I was close to goal 16 years ago, plus a few new things I just bought.

58841349.png
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I'm pear shaped so most of my clothes are Aus size 8 or 10 tops (US 4 and 6) and bottoms are mainly size 10 with some 12s. I have a few outside that but mainly just because clothing manufacturers are inconsistent with sizing. I got rid of everything larger because I'm never going back to even a 14, let alone the size 26 I used to be.
  • omnipotentmiku
    omnipotentmiku Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I just got rid of a bunch of size 14-18 pants and I'm starting to get rid of my size 12's. My shirts are still in all ranges of small to large, though it's really only the smalls that fit me the best at this point and I only kept the other mediums and larges cause I love those shirts; I wear anime paraphernalia on a daily basis so understandable, right?
  • VictoriaWard1988
    VictoriaWard1988 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    There is a size 10 dress in there and a size 22 top. Don't ask why I keep so much crap!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!