New Here

Options
Hi I am new here. My sister told me about the site and I think the features are great so far. I look forward to reaching my weight loss goals here. Lori:flowerforyou:

Replies

• LoriW78
    LoriW78 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi I am new here. My sister told me about the site and I think the features are great so far. I look forward to reaching my weight loss goals here. Lori:flowerforyou:
  • Christianmom
    Christianmom Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    This is my second day on my quest to get healthier, lose weight, and be the best I can as a Christian, wife, mother, and grandmother. My physical therapist told me about this website. I signed on today and I love it! Our entire church congregation is running a weight loss endeavor which we are calling "The Biggest Winners". Pastor Tim says we can send a "smaller" congregation to heaven this way :laugh:
    Anyway. I'm glad to be hear and excited about getting to it!
    Teri
  • Christianmom
    Options
    I just told emailed my sister this website and she signed up too. Hopefully, we will keep it up and email each other at least weekly to talk "shop" about getting thinner!
  • LoriW78
    LoriW78 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    It is so nice to know that there are other Christian people on here. I pray that God will guide us all in our venture to lose weight. I love what you pastor said about sending a 'smaller' congregation to heaven. :flowerforyou:
  • lawandamjohnson
    Options
    hello everyone, i'm leaving weightwatchers and coming to this site, i've been on weightwatchers for over 6 months and i see no progress even though i work out 4 times a week, i really wanted to start couting my calories more and this site looked like the place for me....i am a new mom, work full time and go to school part time, i am struggling with the prego weight and want to reach my goals before my daughters 1st birthday, which is aug 7th 09, any support, tips, ideas, anything, please feel free to contact me, i'm kinda alone on this journey, all my family is on the west coast and i am on the east coast...my husband "says" i'm perfect and dont need to loose weight but i know i am almost 100 pounds over weight...i'm at 250, before prego i was 230, i need to be 160-170 for a healthy weight....hopefully this site will be better then the last ones, thank you in advance for your support and help, L
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Welcome:flowerforyou: The prayers of some of the MFPal's have helped me get through some trying times this past year. :heart:
  • Christianmom
    Options
    Yeah - welcome to all us newbies! This site is so inspiring to me. My husband even says "you're really crazed about that website - great - hope it helps us out". I've done pretty good my first three days. I count all my calories, exercise daily, but don't starve myself. If I get a craving, I try to ignore it and do housework. If it goes on for more than three hours, I give myself a tiny sample and I've only done that once in the three days - it worked. I think it's more a brain thing and if I allow myself a little bit once in awhile then I'll be able to stay the course!
    Those calories sure get used up fast - but honestly I can say yesterday I thought I ate quite a bit and wasn't starving and still came in under my calories since I exercised.
  • nanasha
    Options
    welcome to the site im sure you will enjoy it i love it i just got to post my 5 lb weight lose hope to hear back from you