I NEED A GOOD SUPPORT GROUP

Options
I NEED SOMEONE WHO CAN KEEP ME GOING ALL DAY AND MAINLY ON THE WEEKNDS. I HAVE HAD TROUBLE WITH MY KNEE AND IT HAS STOPPED ME FROM BEING ABLE TO GO AND WALK AT OUR LOCAL PARK BUT TRYING TO DO THING THAT DONT HURT IT TO BAD. I WORK IN A WAREHOUSE IN THE HEAT ALL DAY BUT CANT SEEM TO LOOSE ANY WEIGHT. HELP ME OUT PLEASE

Replies

• Diana35bha
    Diana35bha Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Hi Jules

I've sent a friend request if you're interested!

I too have bad knee joints, amongst other things, and do find it difficult to exercise. I am hoping to start swimming again soon as it is non weight bearing but good exercise. Can you try that?

:smile:
  • Koalaboo
    Koalaboo Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'll help out if I can. :)
  • Kattie1
    Kattie1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi Julestallent,
    Just wanted to say hang in there, this is not an easy journey but I do beleive it can be done. If you can't work out by doing physical cardio check into things like shadow boxing and upper body exercises that can still burn calories,or take in less calories during the day to cause a deficit in your total calories needed. hope that helped.
  • cpumeu
    cpumeu Posts: 89
    Options
    here for you!!! I hurt my foot recently and have managed to still lose at least a lb a week...Doing mostly upper body til my injury and walking slowly but it can be done...stick to your eating plan and move when you can...On your break at work walk around for that 15 mins inside our out...get yourself an HRM ( heart rate monitor) mine cost only 49.00 and comes with a chest strap and it will help you monitor the calories you burn at work...so squats at work. bicep curls or kick backs plenty of stuffon the internet you can do...try it...here for you! Friend me
  • latina1788
    Options
    First keep track of what you are eating. Also for me I wrote down my goal, of how much weight i want to loss in 10 weeks. I wrote it on the walls of my house, seriously. I wrote it with a marker, on the bathroom mirror, on my closets, the kitchen and the stove.i also wrote it on the door. How before I leave the house I see it, to remind me that when I leave the house I need to stay focused on my weight loss. And if your knees hurt just look for workouts that don't put too much impact on your knees. Biking is good because it is low impact. Biking and using hand weights. And lastly I have had bad knees too, my doctor told me to work on building up on my quads and it will take the pressure off my knees. For me it worked. Stay on it. My motto is I have to be a loser to be a winner.

A big loser,
    Diana Newsome
  • issabishie
    issabishie Posts: 28
    Options
    Hi
    I suffer badly from autoimmune arthritis, walk with a stick and can't walk very far, but I have a seated aerobics dvd that's a great cardio workout and really gets your heart pumping (you can find them on amazon) and I also swim 3 to 4 times a week. I sometimes also manage a small walk with my dog if I wear a knee support.
    That, combined with eating well and sticking within my MFP food goals, has be averaging a 3lb a week weight loss.
    Good luck, feel free to add me to your group of friends.
    :)
  • JULESTALLENT
    Options
    thank you