HCG Diet

Options
Would like more information about HCG Diet. Has anyone been able to keep the weight off that was lost on it? Has anyone had any side effects from it?

Replies

• chefchazz
    chefchazz Posts: 427
    Options
    keep weight off---NO.
    side effects--HUNGRY AS HELL
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I almost died after taking the drops for 3 days.

Don't do it. Lose weight the proper way. The only way to learn how to truely be healthy is to committ to a healthy lifestyle and let things take the natural course. I knew that but was tempted to take the short cut. I am only thankful that it woke me up and made me realize I wasn't going to make any more excuses.
  • cbaines74
    cbaines74 Posts: 77
    Options
    :drinker:
  • jrueckert
    jrueckert Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    :noway:
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    You are eating 500 calories a day.....who wouldnt lose weight doing that, and who wouldnt gain back the weight once you up your calories back to normal! :grumble:
  • cpumeu
    cpumeu Posts: 89
    Options
    I started on MFP in Feb, and lost 3 lbs that first week, but then a friend told me that she lost 70 lbs on HCG in a few months...so I ordered the product from the site she uses and got off MFP. I was not only extremely hormonal and angry all the time...and as another MFP friend said, "HUNGRY AS HELL"! I also had a severe allergic reaction to it. I broke out in a horrible rash that spread all over my body...it started at the breast and spread along my sides and under my arms! The rash was horribly painful and took nearly two months to run its course. I didn't put the two together right away and suffered for a few weeks before it hit me that this was the problem. Once the HCG was out of my body I got back on MFP but lost nearly 3 months of healthy weight loss!

My advice: go with MFP and do it the right way! i regret it immensely! I am still scarred and have used everything but nothing has helped with the scarring!
  • cpumeu
    cpumeu Posts: 89
    Options
    I started on MFP in Feb, and lost 3 lbs that first week, but then a friend told me that she lost 70 lbs on HCG in a few months...so I ordered the product from the site she uses and got off MFP. I was not only extremely hormonal and angry all the time...and as another MFP friend said, "HUNGRY AS HELL"! I also had a severe allergic reaction to it. I broke out in a horrible rash that spread all over my body...it started at the breast and spread along my sides and under my arms! The rash was horribly painful and took nearly two months to run its course. I didn't put the two together right away and suffered for a few weeks before it hit me that this was the problem. Once the HCG was out of my body I got back on MFP but lost nearly 3 months of healthy weight loss!

My advice: go with MFP and do it the right way! i regret it immensely! I am still scarred and have used everything but nothing has helped with the scarring!
  • Dblair96
    Dblair96 Posts: 8
    Options
    HCG - good immediate effects, but like everything else, it doesn't change your habits so weight is gained back. I think it is the best miracle out there if you want to drop weight for something quickly. The only thing is that because it's a new fad (although it's been around for years), nobody knows the longterm effects of the diet. As a guy I suppose it's different because we lose weight faster than women. I was BLOWN AWAY when on HCG i lost 10 pounds in 2 days!

All that being said, I finally got smart and realized the only effective way to lose weight is a true lifestyle change which means changing who I am and changing my views on food and how it really effects me. Are the results as instantanious? no. But it does create discipline - which other miracle diets fail at big time. Instead of looking to a miracle diet to fix the immediate problem, we need to get to the root cause of our weight issues and take care of those.

Good luck on your endeavor.... Also, HCG teaches you that eating 500 or 750 calories a day (which ever hcg diet you follow) is actually ok for you. what;s it all worth if you just gain the weight back again?
  • MommyofBoys
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies.
  • fitnessbekhs
    Options
    I did the HCG diet for 3 months and lost 35 pounds. I know I should have lost more in 3 months but it was EXTREMELY difficult to eat only 500 calories a day. I had MANY mess up days…When on the drops, if you mess up, you gain back very quickly.

But almost a year later, I have kept most of the weight off. And the diet taught me to enjoy my fruits and veggies like I never had in the past. Just to get some variety, I was willing to try vegetables that I have always turned down in the past. Realizing the importance of eating good fruits and vegetables was a valuable lesson for me from the HCG diet.

As far as the actual lifestyle change, I think the HCG diet (and MFP) actually helped me to become more aware of the calories I consumed. All in all, I think it’s not a bad way to lose weight fast. However, like mentioned before, a lifestyle change AFTER the diet is a must…or the weight will come back super fast.