New in town

sunnbeam
sunnbeam Posts: 25 Member
edited 7:31AM in Introduce Yourself
Hey everyone! My friend suggested that I try this site, as she has been having a lot of fun on it. I work at a desk (mostly) so most of my life is pretty sedentary. Then when I get home, I'm tired (read: lazy) and tend to talk myself out of working out. I'm really good at coming up with any reason to not workout. But, I want to get in shape, be healthy, and be more active in general. I've found that swimming is my favorite workout, and being in a bathing suit for it is like added motivation to try to be somewhat healthy. Plus, one of my best girlfriends (the one who encouraged me to join) is getting married in August, and I'm in the wedding party. I'd like to look good for the pictures. Anyway, just thought I'd try this out, as I can use all the encouragement and motivation possible! :-)

Replies

• Murphy15
    Murphy15 Posts: 142
    I'm always here for you girlfriend!
  • loopylis
    loopylis Posts: 116 Member
    Hi, welcome to MFP and good luck :)
  • nicolerah
    nicolerah Posts: 440 Member
    Welcome and congrats on making a decision to do better for yourself! Sending you a request now!!
  • krystico
    krystico Posts: 104
    Wow! You sound like ME! I'm a "cubicle-dweller" too AND I'm "tired" (lazy) when I get home at night! I don't have a wedding in August - I have a beach vacation!!! Any support is welcome/offered! Send a Friend Request! :happy:
  • cillytilly
    cillytilly Posts: 243
    Welcome to this wonderful world. In the little time I have been on here it has been amazing for me. I too work a fairly sedentary job. You can add me!!!!
  • vonniealice
    vonniealice Posts: 2 Member
    Hello everyone! This is my first day here and I am liking it so far! I have always been a curvy girl and my weight has been up and down ever since I can remember. I managed to lose a fair bit of weight all by myself a few years ago and once the weight had gone I thought I didnt need to exercise etc but the weight crept back on. Since then I have had lots of challenges and now my weight is one of them. I have tried all sorts to start shifting the weight but cant seem to get motivated plus most things are so expensive which doesnt help. Anyway, I randomly found this site as an app on my phone and thought I'd give this a go. Im fed up of moaning about my weight so its about time I did something about it! For the last time!! Would love to make friends here so please feel free to say hi. :0)
  • jmuzzio7
    jmuzzio7 Posts: 28 Member
    You sound just like me....my best friend (Krystico) is the one who encouraged me to join MFP and I'm loving it !!!! This site is great. Sending a friend request.
This discussion has been closed.