Started spinning, and people won't stop complimenting my legs!

Options
Hey, I'm Natalie, I've lost nearly 80 lbs. using MFP and I'm a 5'7.5" nineteen year old student from Indiana :smiley: 220 down to 140!

So, I am a runner, and I have been for a while now. Went from long, slow runs (8+ miles!) over the summer, to shorter, quicker runs (3-5 miles) after school started back up. For a while, my workout routine consisted of running a 5k, rowing 30 minutes, then either walking another mile or doing 20 minutes on an elliptical for a cool down. While I was still losing weight (slowly, but surely) I wasn't noticing any real change in my body. My measurements stayed more or less the same.

Until a few weeks ago when I changed up my workout a tiny bit! Now I run 3 really quick miles, row 20 minutes, and bike 20 minutes on a very high resistance level. My legs have been killing me! And to add on, I've lost a solid INCH off my waist in 2 weeks, and one off my chest, my hips and a half off my thighs! My measurements are now about 32-26.5-33, I had stalled at a 27-28 inch waist for months.

In addition to the excitement of this loss, women have started complimenting my legs o.o I've never been complimented on my body at all, let alone regularly! My self esteem is so much better when I exercise anyway, and now I'm just so happy to be healthy and look healthy!

This post is really just a pat on my own back, but I also hope there are some women out there who maybe want to consider adding some biking to their routines! It's fun, and for someone like me who isn't a fan of weight training it really helps add nice muscle definition to my thighs, and it's even perked up my butt a little already!

tj1395kkt3jv.jpg

I'm so glad I've found a routine that works for me, and I hope you all do too!

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    It is lovely to read about someone so excite about their results. Your whole post smiles.
    Well done.

Cheers, h.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Good for you! And your pants are rad. :)
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    Yayyy! You look awesome, great job!!!
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    Yes! Love the enthusiasm!

Congratulations on such a great transformation. Life altering!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Nicely done! Cycling is great for the legs! Woot woot!
  • loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
  • SuzLink
    SuzLink Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Ehhhh, that's because you look amazing! Haha. I was 200 & a bit when I started too & am now 158 & would love legs like yours! & a thigh gap if possible, haha. I did a few Spinning classes when I was at uni but sadly there are none that are now local to me
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Looking good! We have similar body shape. I am also a runner and have noticed so much difference in my legs already compared to dieting alone. May add in some cycling a couple times a week, per your suggestion, and see how it goes.