Egg fast

Options
I want to go on an egg fast but I know eating just eggs isn't enough so I going to add fruits,veggies to the fast. I will only be doing this for a bout week. What's your opinion on this? Btw I will be working out while on this fast

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Why are you doing this?
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    What's the purpose of this fast, and the science behind it?
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Fruit contradicts the point of the thing.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    So you're going to eat protein. Fat. And carbs. In a fast.

What do you see as the advantages of eating those particular things for a week?
  • SLLeask
    SLLeask Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I love eggs, eat loads of them, but only eggs (and a bit of fruit/veg) for a WEEK? Why oh why would you do that? My word, I wouldn't like to be in your house by the end of it... phew-eee! :o
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    This makes absolutely zero sense to me.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Not much of a "fast". ;)
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    All I can think about is how badly your farts are going to smell......
  • MollyJE19
    MollyJE19 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    My opinion is that it's a really, really bad idea.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    What is the point of this?
    If your trying to lose weight there's no need to torture yourself with these ridiculous egg fasts and other insane diets.
    All you need to do is create a calorie deficit for weight loss. Eat less then you burn. Weight loss comes down to calories .
    So there's no need to torment yourself. Just eat regular foods , but stay under your calorie goal. Use a food scale to be accurate.
    Don't try these crazy " diet fasts" , just eat at a deficit for weight loss.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    The point is, I believe, to ensure there is a calorie deficit with minimal carbs for a short period as a stall breaker.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    That's not a fast. That's a diet of eggs, fruits and veggies. If you play your cards right, you could get all your nutrients.

I don't really have an opinion on other people's diets. I wouldn't do it, but I wish you luck and hope you accomplish whatever you're working on.
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    don't really see the point, also that's a lot of eggs in one week (I love eggs too but too many in a week are not that great I think).
  • Mindfullyjo
    Mindfullyjo Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Just make sure they're free range eggs from happy chickens!
  • Abby_C2014
    Abby_C2014 Posts: 86 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Panone2 wrote: »
    I want to go on an egg fast but I know eating just eggs isn't enough so I going to add fruits,veggies to the fast. I will only be doing this for a bout week. What's your opinion on this? Btw I will be working out while on this fast
    If eating eggs isn't enough, you should find another diet. Find one that you'll see fit for your lifestyle and goals.

• pootle1972
    pootle1972 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    The whole point of the egg fast is that it is ONLY eggs and fat .....adding carbs defeats the object.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Eggs, fruits, veggies--- nice food plan. Next week you could bring in some roasted chick peas. Also some hummus.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Why not do a fat fast. I did one with mainly eggs, sour cream, cream cheese and cucumbers and very light veggies. It was ok to do.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    Why not do a fat fast. I did one with mainly eggs, sour cream, cream cheese and cucumbers and very light veggies. It was ok to do.

With what goal?