Cutting sugars in Virginia

Options
As a kid, I remember eating pretty healthy, being "skinny as a rail" and having a ridiculous amount of energy (even for a kid). Now, at 29, with decade long bad habits and two babies, I'm overweight. I guess I should consider myself lucky to only be there. It's so awful what fat can do to your self esteem. I've found myself not wanting to meet my husband's co-workers or go to a reunion or even meet the new neighbors because I feel so unattractive. But a few months ago, my cousin told me about how he had significantly cut the sugars in his diet and lost a lot of weight and I've been trying it for two weeks now and, not to my surprise, I've also lost weight. I still have 30 lbs. to go though and was tipped off to this site for having "a great food diary". - Corina :smile:

Replies

• shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    sugar is why people are FAT...its needs to be cut....awesome you are doing it!
  • dniapas
    dniapas Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hello from the Southeastern corridor of Virginia. Sugar is definitely one of the major culprits for weight gain. At least it was for me. White starches (at least in excess) also knock me on my butt, so I try to stay away from them.
  • maserati185
    maserati185 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Hello! I've cut my sugars to 15 grams or less per day and carbs to 120 grams (6 servings of 20 grams). I've lost around 7 lbs. in 2 1/2 weeks by this alone. First few days were rough and not everyone agrees with this method. I don't think I'll eat like this all of my life, but it comes pretty close. I've noticed that by cutting these things, my sugar cravings significantly decreased in a week and I have more of energy. I didn't just remove them cold turkey though. I replaced them with a brand (or similar product) that was lower sugar.
  • alraybuc
    alraybuc Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on everybody's weight loss! I hope you all are still on the program and doing well. You are all inspirational.

Amy - Portsmouth, VA