Heartburn?

MeganSWoods
MeganSWoods Posts: 196 Member
edited September 28 in Health and Weight Loss
I just have noticed recently that I have been getting pretty bad heartburn after I eat no matter how much-- could it be the "good" foods I'm eating? Does this happen to anyone else? I haven't tried any remedies yet, so I'm open to that as well. Thanks!

Replies

• LaurieBLouise
    LaurieBLouise Posts: 48 Member
    I get heartburn mostly from healthy foods. It's weird. Bananas are the WORST. I take Prilosec OTC twice a day and sleep with two pillows underneath me. Propping yourself up helps so stomach acid doesn't creep up into your esophagus when you sleep. Also, don't lay down for a good hour or two after eating.
  • briabner
    briabner Posts: 427 Member
    Stress can definitely cause heartburn. Also, depending on what foods you are eating, such as highly acidic foods (tomatoes, citrus fruits) can also cause them too. Water is a natural remedy for heartburn, it literally flushes out your stomach. So, immediately when you finish eating drink at least 8 ounces of water if not 16. This will help alot and it is all natural and you dont have to take a pill. Hope this helps
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    I used to get it REALLY BAD! Ughhh
    Once I changed my diet, it stopped. I only get it when I eat tomatoes/tomato sauce, OJ, acidic foods and sometimes bananas too.
    I would just take Tums or Rolaids and drink some milk because it was only occasionally.
    If it's consistent and frequent, I would try an OTC like Prilosec or Zantac, Zegerid etc.
  • I used to suffer withheartburn, especially after a big meal. My mother turned me on too black licorise. The real kind you buy from a health food store. its natural and whatever is in it orks on the stomach. Also fennel seed which is what licorise gets its taste from. Chew on a 1/4 tsp of it and swallow, it works too. Ive tried both remedies and it worked for me. Gl im not a doctor or anything..
This discussion has been closed.