Let's Talk About Non Scale Victories - shall we?

Options

Replies

• libby328
    libby328 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    *giggle* I feel like I have a ton of them right now. My clothing fits comfortably, I have to tighten my HRM around my ribs, my bras are too big and I can see actual muscle sprouting everywhere.
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    My arms are starting to look much better...the chair dips I have been doing seem to be working. They are starting to firm up and be noticeably less flabby. They aren't where I want them to be yet, but I can see real progress.

Also, I was out and about earlier and really needed a cup of coffee. The closest place was a Dunkin Donuts. It was one that also had a Baskin Robbins in the same space. The old me would have gotten ice cream as well, but I easily resisted...wasn't even that tempted...even when three women sat down right next to me all having ice cream. So I think my new eating habits really are becoming habit now.
  • lucietle
    lucietle Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Definitely clothes-buying is getting more pleasant/satisfying.
    totally!!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Slept right through a cup of regular caffeine loaded music
  • mrsdrshot
    mrsdrshot Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Ran a ton of errands today and ended up with kind of a big lunch. Tonight was a church dinner, but instead of stuffing myself, I helped with set-up and finding people seats, then I just ate a bit of grilled chicken. The old me felt that if there was free food, I needed to allow myself to indulge because I didn't have to make it, and hey, it was a party! The new me just enjoys my friends and goes home feeling satisfied in a different way.
  • auntiemu
    auntiemu Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Well I'm bedbound and even I've noticed differences like loose skin. My shorts actually feel down to my ankles when I got up briefly to use the bedside commode. I'm not starving hungry all the time. I stopped watching cable tv because of food commercials and started reading again. My friends keep saying wow. Strangely I'm having a great deal of body issues I never had before. Most days I still feel 500lbs and not 350lbs. I only weigh once maybe twice a month for health issues but that measuring tape and adjusting to making healthy choices are my favorite tools!
  • Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    auntiemu wrote: »
    Well I'm bedbound and even I've noticed differences like loose skin. My shorts actually feel down to my ankles when I got up briefly to use the bedside commode. I'm not starving hungry all the time. I stopped watching cable tv because of food commercials and started reading again. My friends keep saying wow. Strangely I'm having a great deal of body issues I never had before. Most days I still feel 500lbs and not 350lbs. I only weigh once maybe twice a month for health issues but that measuring tape and adjusting to making healthy choices are my favorite tools!

I don't think anyone who loses more than a few pounds lucks out on no body issues or that lag between what we did weigh and what we weigh now. But keep going, you're getting there! Soon bedbound will be a thing of the past, and as for reading more, if you're like me, the more you read and the less you watch TV (or in my case play video games) the better your brain will work. Which is also fun as you start noticing your vocabulary coming back. :)
  • mrsdrshot
    Options
    auntiemu wrote: »

It's incredible what you've accomplished already! You'll soon be hiking like you want to. Do you have access to the internet on a tablet? You can spend hours reading about healthy activities and people who have done the same as you. It's wonderful that you want to honor your late husband by getting back into life. He is no doubt watching your efforts and is happy for you :)
  • mrsdrshot
    Options
    Sleeping better! Big NSV for me.
  • Moniwillo
    Moniwillo Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Great Thread!!
    All of my work slacks are too big. I can literally put them on and take them off without unbuttoning or unzipping them. They slide right on and off
  • mrsdrshot
    Options
    My main 'problem area' is my tummy. Today I looked at myself and realized that it's noticeably smaller.
  • mrsdrshot
    Options
    I decided to pull my scale out of the closet where I hid it, and see how things were going. Still the same, but I feel thinner, so that's good!
  • aerosolo
    aerosolo Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Met all my fitbit goals. :smiley:
  • alizesmom
    alizesmom Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Two things happened today. First my husband was helping fold clothes and put my new jeans in my 9 yr old son's pile. Then my adult daughter was behind me and didn't recognize me till I turned around.
  • energizenj
    energizenj Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I went out to dinner with my friend. I made the decision to walk around the mall after dinner. I walked for 45 min and burned 325 calories. In my old mindset, I would have ordered dessert. One decision at a time. I would like to add new friends to give and get support. I am open to active members Friend requesting me. Thanks and good luck.
  • 4homer
    4homer Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    a big one for, since is started almost 2 months ago was to finally get 4.0 mile. and I did today! actaully it was 4.2!!! even though i have lost 40 pounds, getting this nsv is by far my favorite feeling so far
  • free2bjuicy
    free2bjuicy Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Friday at my job is casual day, and for the last couple of months I have been wearing the same pair of jeans on that day. To my surprise, this past Friday I put the jeans on so easily and did not even think about unbuttoning them to give myself room, like I usually do. They were actually loose!!! Scale has been looking the same, so I hid it from myself but this NSV is definitely a great motivator.
  • mrsdrshot
    Options
    It was easy to choose an apple over a twinkie today.
  • itsafatrose
    itsafatrose Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    mrsdrshot wrote: »
    It was easy to choose an apple over a twinkie today.

• oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    A couple of days ago, I was able to pull my knees to my chest and rest my chin on my legs. Comfortably. :blush: