How often do you weigh yourself?

2»

Replies

• PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Personal preference! :)

As a rule, I weigh myself every Friday morning when I wake up.

For the next few weeks, I am going to be weighing daily to get myself familiar with the fluctuations. I don't feel I have a particular good relationship with scales so trying to face it head on and educate myself a bit more on why the number goes up and down here and there!
  • FrankWhite27330
    FrankWhite27330 Posts: 316 Member
    Everyday.. keeps me focused
  • hotasfire36
    hotasfire36 Posts: 235 Member
    I weigh once a week on Saturday mornings.
  • ashbee03
    ashbee03 Posts: 274 Member
    I weigh in every morning. I used to do it once a week but it kept me obsessed with it, and always wondering so I do it everyday. On the Wii fit lol. It's like s morning ritual now before I have breakfast.
  • jennahdeen
    jennahdeen Posts: 10 Member
    Once a week, monday mornings
  • NikkiBiggestFan
    NikkiBiggestFan Posts: 25 Member
    Once a week. In the past I would hop on the scale daily but I quickly found out my weight fluctuates throughout the day. I don't have time to deal with the mixed messages the scale gives me lol.
  • boomshakalaka911
    boomshakalaka911 Posts: 655 Member
    Every morning when I wake up. Same time everyday.... So it's consistent. In a mini cut currently so I'm a little more intense about it
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Every other week. At the Y
  • random5483
    random5483 Posts: 63 Member
    edited October 2015
    For my first 10 lbs of weight loss (before joining MFP), I weighed in monthly. Now, I weigh in daily. I don't obsess over gaining a lb or losing a lb each day due to normal variations. But having the extra data points lets me see a consistent downward trend. Also, seeing the upward spikes followed by downward spikes several days later helps me reinforce the idea that an upward spike in my weight is normal at times. Given my weight (276.5 lbs today, 295 at start), a 3-4 lb variation between days is not too uncommon, especially if I do strength workouts the day before (I always weigh a few lbs more the day after working out due to water retention to protect damaged muscles).

I don't think there is a right or wrong answer. For people who fret about daily changes, a weekly or even monthly schedule might be best. For those who like more data, a daily schedule might be best.
  • 0utrun
    0utrun Posts: 71 Member
    edited October 2015
    I weigh myself once a month. I take measurements of my body once a week to track my progress. I find that if I weigh myself all the time, I get discouraged, so I just stopped weighing and started looking at how my body is changing :) Plus, weighing once a month is more rewarding for me to see 8-10 lbs lost instead of a few ounces or 1 lb.
  • Mangsney
    Mangsney Posts: 249 Member
    Daily as well, in the morning, before breakfast.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    I like to weigh every morning so I can watch the up and down trends more easily. I think if I only weighed every week, I might be disappointed if I stepped on the scale on a heavy day. I might think I was doing something wrong.

For example, last weekend I was 157. Two days ago I was at 155, yesterday was 157, and today I jumped up to 160, which is where I was a few weeks ago. If I only weighed every week or two I might think I was gaining. By weighing every day (and charting my weight) I can see that I have a strong losing trend and the last couple of days are a blip of water weight and bloating. I'm sure I'll suddenly lose 3-5 lbs again in the next week or two.
  • hyperbeth1
    hyperbeth1 Posts: 70 Member
    cocates wrote: »
    I weigh every morning. I log it only weekly (Monday mornings - keeps me accountable for the weekend).

This.