I feel depressed

I ate 3 slices of pizza the other day and now I'm feeling like crap.

Replies

• glorhaber
    glorhaber Posts: 4 Member
    Uch. It's happened to everyone at 1 time or another. Lose the guilt and move on...you are trying to do something good for yourself. Nobody is perfect! Did you get 100% on EVERY test you've taken? We all have our days. Drink water, flush yourself out...tomorrow is another day.❤️
  • Fruit_lover2
    Fruit_lover2 Posts: 15 Member
    stay positive!!once and a while won't heart
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Three slices of pizza? And it wasn't even today? Just log it, move on, and get on with it. That's hardly anything. Three slices of pizza can even fit into your daily calories.
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Log it and move on. You got this!
  • OldAssDude
    OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
    If you feel depressed, take a very fast pace walk for an hour. It will solve both problems.
  • Traveler120
    Traveler120 Posts: 712 Member
    The average slice of pizza is 300 calories, so you ate 900 calories. All you have to do is cancel it out by exercising. That's about 2 hrs of moderate to high intensity cardio on top of whatever else you normally do. That should fix it.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Log it and move on.
  • KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    edited October 2015
    I ate 3 slices of pizza the other day and now I'm feeling like crap.

I ate a ton of McDonalds (Yes It wasn't pizza but it's comparable), chips, lollies, (full sugar) soft drink and alcohol the other night. Do I care? Big fat NOPE.

Why? Because i'm human and one day of having a good night with food and drinks is not going to kill me, ruin my progress or make me fat.

Feeling that bad about 3 slices of pizza is not healthy.
  • kittykarin
    kittykarin Posts: 104 Member
    edited October 2015
    Allowing yourself to continue to beat yourself up over that pizza will only make things worse. I would do the same thing and because I felt like a piece of crap, it would give me permission to say, screw it, I already pigged out and blew it so I'm gonna eat like crap all weekend. I'd then go binge all weekend and that one meal that i overrate at would become a whole weekend, week, month, etc. until I was over 300 pounds.

The best thing I've done for myself is learn how to forgive and forget. As others said, log it and move on. It's the best thing you can do for yourself! Feel better!!
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Gosh....you're upset about three slices of pizza? I do that practically every weekend. By the way I've lost 60 pounds over the last 6 months. Just plan your life because Pizza is gonna happen. I figured this out months ago and I use to beat myself up about it as well. Start to notice your trends. I started noticing that my Fri and Sat were always way higher than all the other days. So I cut Sun-Mon-Tue-Wed-Thur to 1200 calories and that allowed me to have 2000 on Friday and 2000 on Saturday. You can also up your workouts to give yourself a few more calories for special occasions. But seriously...don't sweat over three slices of pizza. That's probably around 900 calories. You probably would have had 500 for dinner anyways....correct? So you're 400 over....go workout for an hour....done.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,444 Member
    I ate a whole pizza yesterday (OK, it was a relatively small one) ... and I feel great!

I've lost 50 lbs having pizza every 2 or 3 weeks.

I do exercise for it, but that's one of the joys of exercise ... being able to eat what I want. :)
  • sunandmoons
    sunandmoons Posts: 415 Member
    Three pieces of pizza...meh thats not that bad. I have 3 pieces once a week and still lose. Enjoy life and eat. Just stay in your calorie goal and your fine. Log it and continue! :)
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    edited October 2015
    Three slices of pizza are a lot less calories than three whole cheesecakes. Log it and forget it.
  • random5483
    random5483 Posts: 63 Member
    One day or one indulgence will not make or break your weight loss goals. If you are careful 90% of the time and overeat 10% of the time, you will probably be fine unless you overeat to a crazy excess. 3 slices of pizza are not going to break your plan. 3 slices are likely 600-900 calories. Even if you went 900 calories over your maintenance level (not your net calories which are losing weight levels), it is less than 0.3 lbs. Don't fret, log the pizza and move on.

I ate fried food as a snack this evening. I have 450ish calories for dinner IF I eat 100% of my exercise calories. I am already over my regular budget of calories. I will probably end up eating back close to 100% of my exercise calories with a light dinner. Tomorrow, I am going out for drinks AND food. I will likely break my allocated calories. But I don't really mind. Why? I am about 1000 calories under budget this week. I will meet my 7000 calorie (2 lbs) deficit for this week even if I go 1000 calories over between today and tomorrow.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Yep, only takes one piece for ME to feel like crap!! Next time just scrape off and eat the toppings. Throw entire crust away!! You be good! :)