how can I loss 2 pounds per week

Options
I'm 5'3 and weigh 105, im currently eating 1,200 and run 2-5 miles a day. how much calories should I eat to lose 2 pounds a week?

Replies

• MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    I don't know about that, but I do know that's not realistic. You should be shooting for 1/2 lb at most....but do you even need to lose any?
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    At your size, losing 2 lbs per week safely isn't possible.
  • ariana_eatsandlifts
    ariana_eatsandlifts Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    You're already at the low end of your BMI. You'll be underweight if you lose too much weight. If you're not happy with the shape of your body, search the forums for threads on recomposition.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and weigh 105, im currently eating 1,200 and run 2-5 miles a day. how much calories should I eat to lose 2 pounds a week?

Why? Why do you want to lose weight?
    You are 0.5 lb away from having a BMI of 18.5 which is the absolute bottom of the healthy range for your height. There is no way for you to lose 2 lbs and still be healthy. You don't need to lose weight at all. If your unhappy with how you look consider weight lifting.
  • BekahC1980
    BekahC1980 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Seeing your post makes me wanna cry. Seriously go to the hospital and have yourself checked out.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    At 105 pounds, it doesn't sound like you should be losing any weight at all
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    why?
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    At 105 pounds, it doesn't sound like you should be losing any weight at all

This.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I see on your profile you want to lose 3 lbs. Please reconsider this.
    It would give you a BMI of 18.1 which is underweight. Being underweight is very unhealthy and has side effects like the possibility of bone loss which leads to osteoporosis, cardiac problems (including sudden cardiac death), and an impaired immune system. Your only 19; please consider the long term side effects that something like this could cause you. Is it really worth it?

3 lbs also won't make much if any difference in your appearance. So why do you want to do it?
  • saraonly9913
    saraonly9913 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Troll
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Seek help OP. Please.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Troll

That's unnecessary and not really decipherable at this stage. I thought I was fat at 5'2" and 105lb. I most certainly wasn't but that's a younger mind view.

OP, the others have some good suggestions. What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Given your height and weight, you would probably most benefit from some weightlifting.

ETA: Some counselling is also a very solid idea. Dealing with things now before they become unmanageable is always a good thing.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    Please get some professional help for your body image problems before they turn into a full-blown eating disorder.
  • Fruit_lover2
    Fruit_lover2 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I don't have an eating disorder,need help, but thank you to the people that were nice and gave me advice instead of being rude
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options

Very very few.
  • Fruit_lover2
    Fruit_lover2 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Mr_Knight wrote: »

Very very few.
    what
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Given your stats, you cant. Also, you are already underweight. If you're unsatisfied with your appearance, then look into some lifting programs. But please, please don't try to lose any more weight. Also, please talk to someone, like your parents or a friend or even a counselor, because you could be hovering around the border of an eating disorder.
  • Varamyr38
    Varamyr38 Posts: 258 Member
    Options

Do you have an eating disorder? It certainly sounds like it. You're definitely malnourished as it is. Why would you want to lose two pounds a week only being 105 pounds as it is?

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Whu?
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Mr_Knight wrote: »

Very very few.
    what

A 3 mile run at your weight burns about 200 calories. Your BMR is around 1200 calories/day. Your non-active TDEE is around 1400 calories/day. So your total burn is ~1600 calories/day, assuming you average 3 miles of running (not walking - running) per day.

To lose 2 pounds a week you need a deficit of 1000 calories/day.

That means you can't eat more than 600 calories/day.

So we're back to...

...very very few.