Has anyone tried the "zero belly fat" diet?

Options
I was skimming through this book and the reviews say its legit. Wondered if anyone had any experience with it?

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Is that the one that claims to change your "fat genes"?

The website promises to "balance your gut bacteria." It also suggests that "Your personality may be making you fat" and has a 7 day cleanse right beside the "Best Burgers for Belly Fat Loss." It looks like the typical bs.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    It's a book being sold to make the author money. You CANNOT change you genes unless theirs some real medical intervention. You can change your diet and your behavior, which is really what this book is about.
    ANY DIET PLAN works if followed. Sustaining it will be the issue that most face.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • eatrunsail
    eatrunsail Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Actually it says it can help you overcome the genetics, not CHANGE them. It is a good sound diet, based on whole real foods in moderate amounts, and stressing eating LOW or NO saturated fats and sugars. It's worth a look but if you need to be told what to eat and when, it's not for you.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    I've tried eating a balanced diet and counting my macros, while living an active life style and working out regularly and it's done wonders, but like so many have said before. "There's no way that works, it sounds too easy" or "no that sounds way too hard for me to do."
  • Abby_C2014
    Abby_C2014 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. I just searched Zero Belly Fat Diet ( never heard of it before) and sounds like any other diet to me. Out of curiosity I found the advertisement for it as well https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RHZOWxg4ix4
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    secret to long-term weight loss:
    eat right
    get books to educate you on healthy eating habits
    never get fads

Don't pick a short term plan, live to eat healthy. Aim for the long term. And exercise