Exercise after Knee Surgery?

Options
Not for me, I don't have knee problems. :wink:

My mom has very bad knees and she is going in for her second surgery this month. We started our weightloss journey together, hoping to be all fit and sexified by next Christmas. Unfortunately, her knees are really slowing her down. She will be immobilized for 3 weeks following the surgery.

I want to help her out but unfortunately we are on opposite sides of the US. Does anyone have suggestions for exercises you can do to get your heart rate up that don't require the lower body. :ohwell: I know, its a long shot, but I don't want her giving up or getting set back because of this. I also know if she looses weight, her knees won't give her near the trouble they are giving her now.

Also, does anyone have any ideas for good workout machines or tapes that don't involve a lot of knee bending? Thanks guys. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Not for me, I don't have knee problems. :wink:

My mom has very bad knees and she is going in for her second surgery this month. We started our weightloss journey together, hoping to be all fit and sexified by next Christmas. Unfortunately, her knees are really slowing her down. She will be immobilized for 3 weeks following the surgery.

I want to help her out but unfortunately we are on opposite sides of the US. Does anyone have suggestions for exercises you can do to get your heart rate up that don't require the lower body. :ohwell: I know, its a long shot, but I don't want her giving up or getting set back because of this. I also know if she looses weight, her knees won't give her near the trouble they are giving her now.

Also, does anyone have any ideas for good workout machines or tapes that don't involve a lot of knee bending? Thanks guys. :flowerforyou:
  • cmccune712
    cmccune712 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    After I had knee surgery in college I did a lot of exercising in the pool. It wasn't bad on my knees and I would burn a lot of calories. I don't know if your mom has access to a pool, but just an idea!