I have 1050 calories left for the day...................

Options
lms32164
lms32164 Posts: 212 Member
I only have dinner and an evening snack left. Should I splurge or stay on the healthy path and risk being low on calories for the day?

Replies

• kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    give me them!
    try having a drink or something :)
  • gtm124
    gtm124 Posts: 179
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficits

IMHO I would attempt to eat the majority back with healthy choices. Some will disagree which is ok.
  • misrical
    misrical Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Stay too far under and you arent on the healthy path either......so eat.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Eat up as many of the calories as you can in a healthy way!! Filling up on cashews and peanuts will take care of quite a few of those calories. Having some yogurt will fill a little, and also it isn't very filling (for me at least). Say, two handfuls of peanuts (around 360 cals) and a yogurt (90-150 cals) plus your dinner! whatever that might be... maybe 250 to 400 cals.. that will get you around 800-900 calories and nearly reach your goal. :) There are healthy ways to fill it up quick!

but then again, if you'd like a slice of pie/cake, then do so. Just make it an average or small piece, don't try to fill up all 1000 with cake please hehe :)
  • perrytyra
    perrytyra Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Splurging can be healthy. Just eat regular healthy food, and you should do fine. Use some olive oil or butter in you meal if you think you will be too full to eat all the calories. You don't have to eat all of them, just try not going under 1200 net calories.
  • cbonuz
    cbonuz Posts: 63
    Options
    I agree with The Gap! Eat a very nice dinner but choose healthy foods that won't make you feel guilty afterwards. Good luck and godd job!!
  • noexcuses1218
    noexcuses1218 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    for me it would depend on how you ended up with the extra calories. do what you need to do (within reason) to meet your base calories, but if you've earned a bunch through exercise, i would try to eat back at least some of them. splitting the difference - hedging my bets, in other words - seems to be working for me.
  • tlynnweb
    tlynnweb Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    How the heck did you do that?
  • icerose137
    icerose137 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Pick a higher calorie food you love and are missing. Days like today are the days to eat them because they can fit nicely and naturally into your diet plan without feeling deprived.
  • cpumeu
    cpumeu Posts: 89
    Options
    eat em up! some here don't and think they are speeding along the weight loss process, but it isn't healthy...when you don't eat those calories over time your body goes into starvation mode!
  • OttawaJeannie
    Options
    Does this happen often? I would suggest adding things like nuts to your salads etc but I don't know the whole story. I say eat them but don't make it all cookies :)
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    If you have or can get macadamia nuts, they are 210 calories per serving and filled with good fats. Or munch on trail mix or something if you like variety. A regular store brand with chocolate and raisins mixed in is about 140 calories per quarter cup.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Is that just exercise calories?

I'd make sure you take in 1200 cals, but if the rest is earned through work-outs then I wouldnt stress about eating all of them.
  • hollyblanco
    Options
    Eat a sensible dinner and your snack. Have a glass of mile with dinner. It is okay on an occasional basis to be under your calorie count.
  • lms32164
    lms32164 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your replies. I was ravinous come supper time so instead of having my lean cusine meal I enjoy the Stouffers meat lasagne with my family in moderation as well as a nice green salade, a glass of my 1% milk and my no sugar added blueberry applesauce from Motts. Oh yes I also treated myself to a garlic stick. I counted all of it and I have room for a healthy snack with tea tonight and still will have 100 cals left over! Today was a busy day and I did eat but it was inbetween the busy stuff and it was all accounted for but just not as much as I would eat if I had time to sit and enjoy it. It was fun reading all your ideas. Thanks again!:flowerforyou: