Anyone on here fighting PCOS

Options
Hey there everyone

I have been diagnosed with PCOS since I was 19 and I am not 36 and have been up and down. Last year I lost a fair bit of weight, I felt great and was doing all the right things and then went through something traumatic and with that everything went down hill. With PCOS you know it is tougher to lose the weight but easy to gain the weight, so looking for new friends that have the same issues that can encourage, support, and share ideas for meal plans, etc.

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    Hi there. You will find other people with PCOS in these threads: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/search?adv=1&search=&title=pcos
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    Options
    I have PCOS. Have lost 46lbs since January and now working at maintenance. I no longer allow myself to use my condition as a reason for being overweight. I've worked hard and started running to allow myself extra calories.

Good luck. You've got this.
  • ashbee03
    ashbee03 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I also have pcos, it's been a battle but I seem to ignore it as far as my weight goes. He main thing it does to me is excess hair, which gets me down.
  • Speyder
    Speyder Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I also have PCOS, I took my self off my meds in 2013 because I was on too many meds for more than one issue. Loss my hair. Had bald spots.. So chopped all my hair off. Lost some weight temporarily because of stress and not eating enough, only to gain twice as much back. I find counting every calorie going in to my mouth worked for a little bit, but then 7 days ago I started to following the Primal Diet and started the 100 day challenge to exercise everyday. Guess what it is working so far.. So keep your head up and your spirits high and never give up... There is a number community threads that give support.. Great new motivationally threads :)
  • julialynnt
    julialynnt Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am on the verge of a PCOS diagnosis (I'm basically an ovarian ultrasound that I can't afford away) and it's been rocking my world. Thanks for linking the threads above. I've been reading through 'the PCOS Diet Plan' and just discovered the PCOS Diva website and app, which have been hugely helpful to me in the short time I've been trying to get a grasp on the diagnosis. I made a meal plan for the week yesterday and I feel like it's helped me gain some control, which feels amazing. You can do it! We can do it!
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Hi ive had pcos for a bit now. I was diagnosed in 2008 but I always had it. I find diet and exercise help alot and affect mood too. I have done a carb cycling which was only way I could lose. I also have ibs c. I think there is a strong link between gut issues and having pcos and some other mental issues with possible celiac and or gluten sensitivity and lactose issues.