Hi - Looking for a buddy, I have 70 lbs. to lose

Options
Hi I am mighty125 and I am looking for a buddy to challenge and support each other.

I am 38 years old and a mother of 4 (ages 17, 13, 6 and 9 months old), currently unemployed and try to build my own business. I started walking a couple of weeks ago and I am enjoying every minute of it. I have always had a hard time exercising so I am very surprised that I am enjoying myself. I think the reason is because I try to be spiritual and that is the time I use to pray and meditate, it helps me mentally and physically.

Currently I am 195.2 lbs. and I am 5'2 so I have a long way to go...but I am ready to do it this time...

Let me know if anyone out there would like to be my buddy.

Replies

• kmarx65
    kmarx65 Posts: 28
    Options
    Hi there! I'd love to be your buddy. I am also 5'2 but older and heavier;). I'm 200 lbs and looking to weigh about 140.
  • Shajunia
    Shajunia Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey Mighty125. My name is Shajunia. I am 29 years old mother of two (11 and 2 year old). I am currently employed as as case manager. I just started walking on yesterday in my neighborhood. I walked for about 40 minutes at a moderate pace and it was AWESOME!!!!

I am currently 207lbs and I am also 5'2. I want to lose between 50-70 lbs. My initial long term goal is 50 pounds. I have a long way to go as well. I would love to be your buddy. I need motivation because I use to begin and quite so many times but I just want to feel good about myself. In addition, I don't want to eventually become diabetic because I am borderline.

Good luck to you!!
  • christinad95
    christinad95 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Hey I'll be your buddy too!! I'd be happy to encourage you!!:flowerforyou:
  • Snapshotgirl
    Snapshotgirl Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I would like to be your buddy. It's helpful to have friends and support.
  • Alacey88
    Alacey88 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I will be your friend as I have to lose 50 pounds to be at my goal.
  • Mighty125
    Mighty125 Posts: 27
    Options
    cool! should we start a challenge? I am going to say lets challenge each other to exercise 5 hours per week? any other suggestions?
  • triciaw1975
    Options
    :smile: Would also love to be your buddy! We have similar weight loss goals. I am 5'1" and started out at 214 and am trying to get down to 135-140. Sending you a friend request.:smile:
  • Dblair96
    Dblair96 Posts: 8
    Options
    I'm totally on board! Let's all do this together! Question: If everyone on here loses weight intended, will the earth spin faster?
  • Dblair96
    Dblair96 Posts: 8
    Options
    Please don't judge me by my first post.... I wish I was as funny as I thought i sometimes was.
  • houseofcarpenter
    houseofcarpenter Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    hi, i've sent a friend request. i have 69lbs to lose if that counts!! im 5ft7 and at 245lbs i struggle with starting exercise but really enjoy it when i do it. we could motivate eachother!
    i also have 4 children 10,8,5 and 3