Rtrtiff Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    mkakids wrote: »
    I just mix mine with water. But it tastes good on its own

Which powder are you using ?
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    In cereal 99% of the time. I just take a more plain cereal (I prefer those anyways) like Cheerios, puffed rice or chex then add some unsweetened cashew milk and protein powder. Flavors your cereal to whatever your protein powder is!

Yeah, over cereal is great. I eat a scoop (vanilla) of that daily, and then another (chocolate) with peanut butter and cocoa powder.

• senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    I saw GNC had a pumpkin spice flavor today. I was sore tempted to get some even though I have an ON 10 lber sitting at home. I think my eyes turned blue resisting it.Bx8JFarCMAApqUr.jpg
  • Abby_C2014
    Abby_C2014 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I think the protein powder you chose doesn't taste that good. I am currently taking Optimum Nutrition Hydrowhey in Turbochocolate flavor. It taste so damn good by itself and even better with almond milk (it taste heavenly by the way). You can try Intek Evolution whey protein too. Their flavors are out of this world.
  • distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian too! I use unflavored whey protein, and I mix it with milk and Instant Breakfast (a sort of fortified chocolate milk powder.. I think it's actually called Breakfast Essentials now), and because it's a milk protein, it dissolves fully in the milk and just tastes like I'm drinking chocolate milk. I use one scoop of protein powder (29 grams), one packet of instant breakfast mix (36 grams), and two cups of milk. It's a good number of calories at 500 each, but it knocks out almost 50 grams of protein!
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Protein powder also works in your favorite pancake recipe. You can make a larger batch and reheat each morning.
  • Bbeliever215
    Bbeliever215 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    What kind of vegan powder? I've noticed that hemp is thicker than pea or rice. How about try one of those( my favorite is pea) or a combination of. I get my protein from true nutrition and you can create your own mixture. But to answer your question, I usually make smoothies with Almond milk, fruit, and ice.
  • nyponbell
    nyponbell Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I use the Sunwarrior Vegan Natural one, and I think it is the powder itself which tastes awful.

I have next week off work which gives me more time to play around with different combinations; if I can't find any that works, I'm just going to chuck it in the bin and get another one. So thanks for the advice on other powders! As I don't live in the US I'm not sure if I'm able to get them all, but I'm at least going to shop around for a bit first (hopefully try a few before I commit). They should sell smaller "taster packs" of the powder, so people don't have to buy the 2 kg bags of something they end up not being able to choke down!
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    I get really bloated if I drink two scoops of protein in water. Fills me up more than most meals. Google or YouTube "protein Sludge" which tastes better than it sounds. Turns protein powder into a kind of pudding. I sometimes have protein powder it in porridge, but I put it on Special K cereal the other night (mixed in with the milk) which provided good protein/carbs and fibre.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    I drink it shaken with milk (shaken, not stirred).

My husband drinks it in his coffee.
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I like to cook with mine. The opportunities are endless thanks to @dhftns http://theproteinchef.co/

No I don't work for him.
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I drink it shaken with milk (shaken, not stirred).

My husband drinks it in his coffee.

Holy Hell that is a great idea.. I must try this!
  • liftingandlipstick
    liftingandlipstick Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    I turn mine into bars. 40ish grams of powder + 35ish grams of syrup (I use half BioNeutra for the fiber and half honey to cut the cost down) plus some dry mix-ins (chocolate chips, coconut, dried fruit, chopped nuts, whatever I have) and it makes a reasonable facsimile of a Quest bar.
  • lulucitron
    lulucitron Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    drink it, have it in oatmeal and make a pudding with it with greek yogurt, peanut butter and a touch of honey
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I add it to some Ricotta cheese.
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    I make banana/chocolate/PB protein pancakes. Yummmmm
    (1 scoop chocolate protein powder, 2tbsp PB2, 2 tsp baking powder, 1 banana, 0.5 cup raw oats, 3 egg whites. Mix everything in food processor and cook like a pancake on a griddle)
  • nyponbell
    Options
    Thanks for all the tips! I'd have to adapt some of it (allergic to PB, don't drink coffee... yes I'm one of those freaks :wink:) but at least I know I can (and should!) experiment more with it.

Though that said, I really think that the powder I have is just plain disgusting. We'll see after I do some more smoothie blends for research.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    In oatmeal with fruit.
    In a shake with oats and ice.
    Leftover morning coffee in a shaker cup with ice for an afternoon pick me up.
    Mixed in greek yogurt.
  • franfran1821
    franfran1821 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I scoop it out of the jar and eat it!!
  • nyponbell
    Options
    After some more experimenting, I've come to the conclusion that my protein powder is just disgusting and nothing will help it. I was able to try my brother-in-law's Whey and have decided to go down that route - though I really did want a vegan powder (not a vegan, but "close enough"). So there's that.

Thanks for all the input and suggestions!!

Anyone in Sweden who wants 2kg of disgusting vegan protein powder???